Use My own Router (Linksys WRT1900AC) for FibreX Cable Internet

Senior Contributor

Re: Use My own Router (Linksys WRT1900AC) for FibreX Cable Internet

by Senior Contributor shadow Senior Contributor
Message 11 of 14 (389 Views)

The rule of thumb for anyone reading this read, Vodafone has setup FibreX/DOCSIS 3.1 the same way as Fibre so it makes it easier to support.

Must use VLAN 10

abd
New Poster

by abd New Poster
Message 12 of 14 (254 Views)

Thanks also from me for this thread. Got me up and running with Linksys WRT1900ACS in five minutes, where I'd have flailed around cluelessly otherwise.

Combination of automatic DHCP and VLAN 10 was all I needed, and the Huawei router can go back in its box for an emergency. It might be fine for some, but didn't have the WiFi reach to be useful in my house.

New Poster

[ Edited ]
by JamesMounsey New Poster
Message 13 of 14 (129 Views)

I've Just switched over to FibreX and using the Netgear Orbi and am seeing a similar thing in so much that I appear to only get half the performance throughput from the netgear as i do the Vodafone device :/  has anyone else seen this?  or is everyoneusing the vodafone modem and their own units as a WAP?

New Poster

[ Edited ]
by APSpurgeon New Poster
Message 14 of 14 (19 Views)

Hi yeah, I have the same problem. Using a Netgear WNDR3700v4 with Gargoyle firmware.
Works perfectly with VLAN10 tagging (edited Network file)....however, Max performance is 100Mb/s

The Vodafone router gets closer to the 1G speed

After some reading, I'm suspecting it's to do with hardware acceleration for VLANs. Not entirely sure yet though.

Stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 46w ago
  • 4 Kudos
  • 10 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today