Upgrading to fibre optic

Starter Poster

Upgrading to fibre optic

by Steve3331 Starter Poster
Message 1 of 5 (502 Views)

Been a Vodafone customer for many years just asking how long would it take to get fibre installed.

My street in Pt Chevalier Auckland has been fibre ready for well over a year and all my neighbours have it.

What timeframe am I looking at ? Thanks

Vodafone Ninja

Re: Upgrading to fibre optic

by Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja
Message 2 of 5 (498 Views)

As long as you aren't along a right of way, or require consents from any neighbours etc then it should take too long, potentially 3-4 weeks hopefully. 

Someone from Chorus will come out to assess the property and find the best way to install that suits you and your property, then they'll come back to complete the install, generally about a week later. 

If you're along a ROW, it's a different story, you need consent from all other tenants on the ROW, which can take up to 3 months, depending on how fast your neighbours give consent, if at all.

- Sam

I work for Vodafone, supporting our mobile and fixed customers, and volunteer my time on the community.

PM = Private Message. Click on my name to send me a message.
Vodafone Ninja

Message 3 of 5 (472 Views)

Hey @Steve3331

Also to find out what's involved in getting fibre connected click here.

Cheers

^Hamish

Starter Poster

by Steve3331 Starter Poster
Message 4 of 5 (467 Views)

Thanks Sam, that's what I suspected. I own the two properties involved so no problem there. The last Tech who came around got me connect  ready without any "consent type work" and did'nt know why the hold up. Hard to get good staff I know.... but waiting since April 2016 is a little extreme. Seems I was ignored up until now but did call them 15 times plus over the year.

Typical Vodafone experience - only called them over two issues I've had over the years ( 10 year plus customer ) and this is the level of service I get both times ! - nothing but contempt from them,  Go Vodafone !

BTW - Thanks for your time Sam  appreciate it

Highlighted
Vodafone Ninja

Message 5 of 5 (465 Views)

Hey Steve,

I'm really sorry that it took so long to get sorted, it should be a mich smoother process.

So has it been installed now? Is everything sorted, or is there something we should be following up on here?

- Sam

I work for Vodafone, supporting our mobile and fixed customers, and volunteer my time on the community.

PM = Private Message. Click on my name to send me a message.
Stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 36w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today