Upgrade from ADSL to VDSL - charge increase?

Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

Upgrade from ADSL to VDSL - charge increase?

[ Edited ]
by MikeNorris Starter Poster
Message 1 of 9 (978 Views)

For the ADSL to VDSL Upgrade completed 01 December, noteably my pack charge has increased from the $84.00 to $110.00 as detailed on my December invoice.  

Why is that??

I was lead to believe reference the promotion pamphlet offering current ADSL users FREE upgrade and detailing "Simply switch out the old modem (ADSL)  with the Ultra Hub (VDSL)  FREE at no further costs prior to December.

Understandably this could be a simple admin oversight regarding the additional $20 plus

Also, please advise what to do with the old ADSL modem incl assessories.

Many thanks, Marina Netessova

Regular Poster

Re: Upgrade

by Regular Poster JudithBell Regular Poster
Message 2 of 9 (950 Views)

I am interested to read your message.We had to have our ultrahub installed by the 6th Dec and as far as I can tell we haven't been upgraded yet!Since then our internet is super slow and our computer is doing strange things!!I have asked twice about it on the message Board but so far my pleas have been ignored!!

I guess I am going to have to bite the bullet and spend hours on the phone to Vodafone!!

If as you say it is costing more despite it supposed to be a free upgrade then I am afraid I am going to have to change my provider!!

Judith

Community Manager

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 3 of 9 (935 Views)

@JudithBell

Apologies for the lack of replies to date. Have you upgraded to VDSL? If yes, there is a period while the modem and system establishes the best connection, which can impact speeds. When you say 'strange things', can you elaborate please?

Cheers

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Regular Poster

Message 4 of 9 (914 Views)

I don't think it has been upgraded Mike because I haven't had an email from vodafone to say it has.

I am finding I havr to click on my shortcuts 3-4 times before they will open and the computer is painfully slow.

Judith

Regular Contributor Sam
Regular Contributor

by Regular Contributor Sam Regular Contributor
Message 5 of 9 (907 Views)

JudithBell wrote:

I don't think it has been upgraded Mike because I haven't had an email from vodafone to say it has.

I am finding I havr to click on my shortcuts 3-4 times before they will open and the computer is painfully slow.

Judith

If the computer itself is slow (as opposed to the internet connection) then it might be advisable to have it checked over by a computer technician for anything nasty or untoward.

If the internet connection AND the computer are having issues, then it could be two separate issues.

Regular Poster

Message 6 of 9 (905 Views)

It is the internet connection that is slow.

Community Manager

Re: Upgrade from ADSL to VDSL - charge increase?

Message 7 of 9 (936 Views)

@MikeNorris

Thanks for your post. Was the $110 including a part-month charge or modem delivery charge?

Vodafone New Zealand
Starter Poster

by MikeNorris Starter Poster
Message 8 of 9 (926 Views)

Hi Mike,

All sorted now as I had called the 0800 contact to sort the bill discrepancy.

The Filipino national Vodafone Rep was very helpful and professional, the heavy accent was workable, and that the Rep had sussed the discrepancy very quickly explaining the situation.

My contract had actually expired hence the reason for the increased monthly bundle pack .

Would have been helpful to highlight that expiry on the actual billing for the sake of brevity.

However, moving forward....as today is Saturday, the Rep advised that a Promotion Rep will call me back either on Mon - Tues to discuss a new contract for my broadband home only. (no bells and whistles)

Since the free upgrade to VDSL my downloading megabits has doubled but not tripled... fluctuates around 38.00 Megabits.

I still have this old ADSL Hub, is there a drop off point or return address for this??

I'm on the North Shore in Northcote, not far from a Vodafone complex.

Happy New Year Mike

Highlighted
Community Manager

Message 9 of 9 (864 Views)

@MikeNorris

HNY to you too!

Glad it's sorted. Yes, you can take the ADSL hub into any Vodafone store for recycling.

Cheers

Vodafone New Zealand
Stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 49w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 4 Contributors