Update DNS setting on SHG1500, old account.

GEH
Starter Poster

Update DNS setting on SHG1500, old account.

by GEH Starter Poster
Message 1 of 5 (110 Views)

Any idea how I go about getting the DNS settings on a SHG1500 updated to Google's 8.8.8.8?  The wrinkle here is that the specific account that was using that router has closed (I had 2 accounts - this was the second).  The main reason for asking is that new sites are apparently not resolving.

I can provide the IP address, MAC address, and MM Key on request.

Thanks.

Contributor

Re: Update DNS setting on SHG1500, old account.

by Contributor MrMorm Contributor
Message 2 of 5 (103 Views)

You can set DDNS in the advanced menu but you cant manually set the DNS the router uses - it will use the network assigned DNS only.

Are the sites not showing updated webapges (in that case it is a browser cache issue) or is the DNS not resolving the correct website (which is a DNS propogation lag time)

GEH
Starter Poster

by GEH Starter Poster
Message 3 of 5 (101 Views)

The site name is not resolving to an IP address, but other routers on other networks find it ok.  Checking with the current provider they advised to update the DNS settings, which can only be done remotely by Vodafone for this particular model.

Contributor

by Contributor MrMorm Contributor
Message 4 of 5 (93 Views)

if its a recent change to the website, it can take 72 hours to show sometimes to all DNS servers.

You can try to call Vodafone, but if that modem is not managed anymore they wont be able to update DNS remotely. Their front line cant do it themselves either, they have to raise a request for it.

Can you update the DNS in the end device instead?

GEH
Starter Poster

by GEH Starter Poster
Message 5 of 5 (73 Views)

The site went live some time ago, but only tested from inside the router last month. So thanks to Vodafone processes it's effectively a bricked PoS.  As the domain name is used for my email now (and we know just who to thank for that!), all evices inside the home network need to see that address. Smiley Frustrated

Stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today