Undisclosed charge for replacement Modem/Router.

Contributor

Undisclosed charge for replacement Modem/Router.

[ Edited ]
by Contributor Fade Contributor
Message 1 of 4 (428 Views)

This is has happened in the past before and I'm surprised it just keeps happening. We've been with Vodafone for many years now and everytime I call in regarding the faulty hardware, year after year, they keep sending us to the retention team to try and get us to sign onto another 1-2 year plan. Absolutely ridiculous.

This time it was through the technical team, where they couldn't resolve the plethora of problems regarding the last HG659 where it would intermittently drop off the internet connection, the 2.4 GHz band completely not broadcasting even though the configuration settings had it displayed as online and finally, the VOIP remained disconnected for a solid month rendering our home line useless. The solution was to have a new HG659 delivered and no mention of the charge came through until the next bill arrived ($149.98).

Now I'm sitting here on nearly $1,000 of faulty hardware (Six of seven modem/router's are Vodafone's - pictured) and I'm just wondering if this is just an incredible stroke of contiunous bad luck or just bad quality hardware. I asked if the technical team wanted me to send in the broken ones for diagnostic testing/servicing and they said it'd be easier just to issue a replacement.  None of the hardware has undergone mistreatement and has been only subject to regular use. On the surface every piece is still in pristine condition too.

router.jpg

My view is that I signed up for a service which included a supplied modem to access the service. This was barely a year old! The fact it was "free" (yeah right) is irrelevant... the Consumer Guarantees Act (CGA) says that any service or product must be fit-for-purpose for a reasonable period.  When these problems came up (and unable to be fixed) it was no longer fit-for-purpose therefore Vodafone had a responsibility under the CGA to rectify it. 

It's a shame that calling in gets nothing solved and I have to resort to cross-posting across social media platforms in order to get things done. 

Customer number: 20372037

Highlighted
Expert Contributor

Re: Undisclosed charge for replacement Modem/Router.

by Expert Contributor Expert Contributor
Message 2 of 4 (422 Views)

Fade wrote:

This is has happened in the past before and I'm surprised it just keeps happening. We've been with Vodafone for many years now and everytime I call in regarding the faulty hardware, year after year, they keep sending us to the retention team to try and get us to sign onto another 1-2 year plan. Absolutely ridiculous.

This time it was through the technical team, where they couldn't resolve the plethora of problems regarding the last HG659 where it would intermittently drop off the internet connection, the 2.4 GHz band completely not broadcasting even though the configuration settings had it displayed as online and finally, the VOIP remained disconnected for a solid month rendering our home line useless. The solution was to have a new HG659 delivered and no mention of the charge came through until the next bill arrived ($149.98).

Now I'm sitting here on nearly $1,000 of faulty hardware (Six of seven modem/router's are Vodafone's - pictured) and I'm just wondering if this is just an incredible stroke of contiunous bad luck or just bad quality hardware. I asked if the technical team wanted me to send in the broken ones for diagnostic testing/servicing and they said it'd be easier just to issue a replacement.  None of the hardware has undergone mistreatement and has been only subject to regular use. On the surface every piece is still in pristine condition too.

router.jpg

My view is that I signed up for a service which included a supplied modem to access the service. This was barely a year old! The fact it was "free" (yeah right) is irrelevant... the Consumer Guarantees Act (CGA) says that any service or product must be fit-for-purpose for a reasonable period.  When these problems came up (and unable to be fixed) it was no longer fit-for-purpose therefore Vodafone had a responsibility under the CGA to rectify it. 

It's a shame that calling in gets nothing solved and I have to resort to cross-posting across social media platforms in order to get things done. 

Customer number: 20372037

Those HG659 Modems don't remain the property of Vodafone, Why Don't you just sell them?

They can go for $50 each on Trade Me..

Contributor

by Contributor Fade Contributor
Message 3 of 4 (418 Views)

they're faulty

Community Manager

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 4 of 4 (412 Views)

@Fade

Would you be willing to send them back if I send you postage bags? I'm pretty sure our technical guys would like to test them. Please direct message me with your details if OK.

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 28w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today