Unable to send email from clearnet or paradise via Mozilla Thunderbird since Friday

Highlighted
Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

Unable to send email from clearnet or paradise via Mozilla Thunderbird since Friday

by JustinS Starter Poster
Message 1 of 15 (3,159 Views)

Hi

I'm having an issue sending but not receiving emails via my home PC. This has not occured prior to Friday and I have no changed any of the account settings for paradise or clearnet in the email client until just now in an attempt to correct the problem.

Currently in trying to send an email via the paradise account I get a message:

"Sending of message failed. The message could not be sent because connecting to SMTP server smtp.paradise.net.nz failed. The server may be unavailable or is refusing SMTP connections. Please verify that your SMTP server settings are correct and try again, or contact the server administrator.

Currently in trying to send an email via the clearnet account I get a message:

"An error occured sending mail: The mail server sent an incorrect greeting: smtpin1.clear.net.nz"

I've checked the account settings here http://help.vodafone.co.nz/app/answers/detail/a_id/19567/~/email-settings-for-clearnet-%26-paradise#... to make sure they haven't changed since the issue started appearing and they match the server address/port etc listed there so unsure why they no longer work for me.

I also tried temporarily disabling firewalls etc but no effect was seen during that change either.

Cheers

J

Accepted Solutions
Retired Staff

Re: Unable to send email from clearnet or paradise via Mozilla Thunderbird since Friday

by Retired Staff NikT Retired Staff
Message 12 of 15 (3,127 Views)

JustinS wrote:

I don't have a problem sending via the webmail gateways.

Thanks for that - that narrows it down to a local setup issue which should hopefully be an easy fix. Will be best to call when you can, apologies for the long wait times.

Devices team, Vodafone NZ

View solution in original post

Solution
Accepted by topic author JustinS
‎03-10-2015 04:33 AM

All Replies
Retired Staff

Re: Unable to send email from clearnet or paradise via Mozilla Thunderbird since Friday

[ Edited ]
by Retired Staff johnr Retired Staff
Message 2 of 15 (3,156 Views)

@JustinS 

What ISP are you connected to when you get these errors? If ISP has not changed then the only thing I could advise is delete the email account in Thunderbird and set it up again

John

Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17 years 4 days
Starter Poster

[ Edited ]
Message 3 of 15 (3,151 Views)

Hi John

Not a 100% sure what you're asking there but I'm on a resold All DSL Max plan from memory.

Telstraclear vodafone I guess youd call it.

I'd have to see if its possible to delete the accounts without losing the folders if thats the case, not ideal otherwise.

J

Retired Staff

Message 4 of 15 (3,146 Views)

So Vodafone bill you for your internet connection?

Starter Poster

Message 5 of 15 (3,143 Views)

Yes thats right billed byVodafone nowadays.

Starter Poster

[ Edited ]
Message 6 of 15 (3,084 Views)

Just wondering who I could follow this up with as the thread seems to have died off?

Tried calling the helpdesk but gave up after being on hold for half an hour yesterday.

Retired Staff

Message 7 of 15 (3,080 Views)

You will now need to call the support team and go over it with them

Starter Poster

Message 8 of 15 (3,077 Views)

Hi John

Is there a number other than the standard number I can use?

Cheers

J

Retired Staff

by Retired Staff NikT Retired Staff
Message 9 of 15 (3,074 Views)

JustinS wrote:

Hi John

Is there a number other than the standard number I can use?

Cheers

J

Hi @JustinS ,

Are you calling 0508 888 800?

Have you tried accessing either of your mailboxes through the webmail portals to help narrow down the issue?

Thanks,

- Nik

Devices team, Vodafone NZ
Retired Staff

Message 10 of 15 (3,072 Views)

@JustinScustomers call the standard 0800 / 0508 numbers

http://www.vodafone.co.nz/contact/

Stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 3y ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 5 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today