Trouble Sending Emails from Clear and Paradise Addresses?

Starter Poster

Re: Trouble Sending Emails from Clear and Paradise Addresses?

by CareyPoulter Starter Poster
Message 11 of 20 (1,373 Views)

Spoke too soon !!! Now receiving emails but sending won't work but that must be because I've been mucking around with the xtra settings !! Thanks for your help.

New Poster

Re: Trouble Sending Emails from Paradise Addresses?

by Bandit1200 New Poster
Message 12 of 20 (1,269 Views)

Hi

I am having problems sending emails from my Paradise account - I am able to receive though

I have checked the settings which are:

Incoming: pop3.paradise.net.nz

Outgoing: smtp2.Vodafone.net.nz

Can anyone help?

Regards

Andy

Starter Poster

by CarolynHansen Starter Poster
Message 13 of 20 (1,163 Views)

I've not been able to send emails from my paradise account for over a month, i receive them, but get an error with the sending of emails. It tells me that "connection to the server failed or was dropped". I have tried changing the smtp outgoing to Clear.net.nz as suggested, but still nothing going.

Any help appreciated, sending has been haphazard over the past year, but this is the longest failure time. Generally closing everything down and opening again has helped, but not this time.

New Poster

by Liam New Poster
Message 14 of 20 (849 Views)

I'm unable to send emails on one computer, and am unable to add the account to Outlook on my laptop. It's a clear.net.nz address, and I've checked the relevant settings several times against the information on the vodafone website. In both cases it just keeps telling me that 'Outlook can not connect to your outgoing (SMTP) email server', and to contact my ISP if it keeps happening. Any suggestions as to how to fix this would be appreciated.

New Poster

by WeretaAranga New Poster
Message 15 of 20 (652 Views)

experiencing email connection account problem, so i used facebook login to post this. 

Starter Poster

by Embob Starter Poster
Message 16 of 20 (648 Views)

2 years and 1 week ago I originally posted on this thread... I'm back again with the exact same problem!

The annoying thing is that via Thunderbird it pops up the error but still shows as sent... sadly I assumed it was sending anyway, and missed out on a job because of it Smiley Sad Enough of this unreliable stuff, even though I hate gmail it sounds like the safest bet.

Has anyone else noticed that you can't access Paradise webmail in the early hours of the morning?  This has been an ongoing thing for me, from about 1 - 2 am. Not sure how long it lasts because I'm not up that late, but it's always back in the morning.

Staff

by Staff MsChaoticX Staff
Message 17 of 20 (627 Views)

We have been having some issues in relation to our clearnet/ paradise emails for the past couple of days.

It's been resolved now but are you still having issues?

- Becka

I work in Technical Support, I volunteer my time in helping out the community when I can.

~ Trained Vodafone Ninja
Starter Poster

by Embob Starter Poster
Message 18 of 20 (616 Views)

WOOHOOO For me it's working again Smiley Happy

New Poster

by StephenUpton New Poster
Message 19 of 20 (250 Views)

Hi there,

Could you please post the SMTP settings for paradise.net users when outside the vodafone network. I have been trying for months using various combinations of clear, vodafone, ihug server on an iphone 4s. When at home (inside vodafone network) it sends fine. When at my son's house (different ISP) or via cellular network it doesn't. Can be very frustrating.

The settings published at http://www.vodafone.co.nz/help/broadband-and-tv/vodafone-email-setup/ or http://community.vodafone.co.nz/t5/Broadband-services/Read-Me-Email-Settings/td-p/108166 don't work either.

SSL / Password authentication doesn't make a difference.

POP3 incoming works fine. 

Grateful for help!

Vodafone Ninja

by Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja
Message 20 of 20 (241 Views)

Hi @StephenUpton,

The SMTP settings will depend on who is providing you with your connection with the internet. If you happen to have a Spark connection, however, it is a little more convoluted to sort out. Happy to help you out. Just send me a PM with who you go through for your internet and I will look for the settings for you.

To send me a PM, click on my name (GarethM) then on the right, there is a silver button that says "Send Private Message"

Thanks,

Gareth

Stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 5 Kudos
  • 13 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today