They stole my modem/router

Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

They stole my modem/router

[ Edited ]
by Jay_JWLH Starter Poster
Message 1 of 3 (597 Views)

So.... it has maybe been two months since I last went from my old Cable plan to the current ones that Vodafone are offering. Same price, stuck into another year contract, free modem and install/upgrade. Quite happy with that deal.

However during that time when a technicion came along, I realise that they took away my older combination wireless router and modem. I paid for it as part of my prior contract period. I got nothing for it, and wasn't even asked if I could keep it. Seems almost like theft when I think about it.

So the question is, is this common? Is this even a policy of theirs? What is the most reasonable thing that I can do about it now?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Vodafone Ninja

Re: They stole my modem/router

by Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja
Message 2 of 3 (1,095 Views)

Hi there, 

Any modems or equipment provided for use on the cable network remains property of Vodafone.

- Sam

I work for Vodafone, supporting our mobile and fixed customers, and volunteer my time on the community.

PM = Private Message. Click on my name to send me a message.

View solution in original post

Solution
Accepted by topic author Jay_JWLH
‎16-01-2017 04:56 PM

All Replies
Highlighted
Vodafone Ninja

by Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja
Message 2 of 3 (1,096 Views)

Hi there, 

Any modems or equipment provided for use on the cable network remains property of Vodafone.

- Sam

I work for Vodafone, supporting our mobile and fixed customers, and volunteer my time on the community.

PM = Private Message. Click on my name to send me a message.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jay_JWLH
‎16-01-2017 04:56 PM
Starter Poster

by Jay_JWLH Starter Poster
Message 3 of 3 (535 Views)

It isn't overly clear, but I can begin to understand why Vodafone would want to keep the modem (or any multi-role device that includes a modem). After reading some T&C's, along with the offer summary, I see it mentions the free use of the modem. Not ownership.

Stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 27w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today