The number of devices that can be used on a Vodafone modem

Highlighted
Starter Poster

The number of devices that can be used on a Vodafone modem

by Vodausername Starter Poster
Message 1 of 4 (1,655 Views)
I'm wondering if anybody has any idea if there is a certain number of devices that can be used on the wireless modem? Some in our flat can get on and some not
Posted from Vodafone 890N
Regular Contributor

Re: The number of devices that can be used on a Vodafone modem

[ Edited ]
by Regular Contributor kamrind Regular Contributor
Message 2 of 4 (1,651 Views)

Hi @Vodausername 

Generally speaking no... theoretically you could have upto 251 devices connected via Wi-Fi and 4 computers plugged in at 1 time (i wouldn't recommend doing this)
At times when we have had family events at my mothers we can easily have upto 15 devices connected to our Wi-Fi at 1 time...

What kind of modem do you have? There could be a setting that limits the amount of devices connected at one time... 

- Kamrin 

(I am not an employee of Vodafone New Zealand and i am not associated to the social media team. I am a regular Vodafone New Zealand customer that volunteers my time here to help make Vodafone a better place for all)

Vodafone Final Sig.png

Starter Poster

by tez_187 Starter Poster
Message 3 of 4 (1,648 Views)

Hi if you are using the huawei HG659 then your going to have alot of wifi issues i have been through 3 of them and all have the same wifi issues. I got drop outs all the time and could not reconnect its basicly vodafones biggest POS they could give anyone. I went and brought a netgear R7000 router and connected to my HG659 so now my netgear handel's all wifi and ethernet connections. Now i have not 1 single issue but it was a $300 fix Smiley Sad i suggest your get a router and use that for all wifi connections 

Starter Poster

by Vodausername Starter Poster
Message 4 of 4 (1,573 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for sharing!

It is this same model and we have had quite a few drop outs. Thought it may have been the number of devices but it sounds like its just the router.

May be a little too cheap to folk out that kinda cash right now but will keep it in mind for sure Smiley Happy

Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 3 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today