The Vodafone Ultra Hub is here ...

Tig
Starter Poster

Re: The Vodafone Ultra Hub is here ...

by Tig Starter Poster
Message 51 of 67 (402 Views)

Thanks for the info. That's disappointing. The hub is of little use to me now.

I understand that these items are spec. related. My comment regarding testing related more to other prolems listed in the forums.

Cheers

New Poster

by Shaunihalls New Poster
Message 52 of 67 (391 Views)
Hello,

I received our new ultra hub two weeks ago and ever since we starting using it the internet drops out every 10 to 20 minutes. It is so frustrating. The power and Wi-Fi lights are solid green but the internet light goes blank then flashes red, then flashes green then it stays solid green then goes red all over again.
I called the 0800 as advised and they told me to switch the grey DSL cord around so I did and it's still the same.
Can someone please help as I am now thinking of changing my internet provider. I have never had an issue with my internet until I updated the modem.

Thank you
Posted from Android 2.0
Contributor

by Contributor MrMorm Contributor
Message 53 of 67 (383 Views)

Shaunihalls wrote:
Hello,

I received our new ultra hub two weeks ago and ever since we starting using it the internet drops out every 10 to 20 minutes. It is so frustrating. The power and Wi-Fi lights are solid green but the internet light goes blank then flashes red, then flashes green then it stays solid green then goes red all over again.
I called the 0800 as advised and they told me to switch the grey DSL cord around so I did and it's still the same.
Can someone please help as I am now thinking of changing my internet provider. I have never had an issue with my internet until I updated the modem.

Thank you

So does the same happen if you plug your old modem back in? Did you get upgraded from ADSL to VDSL internet?

The red light flashing says that the dsl sync is dropping, which is a line issue.. Is the Ultra Hub plugged in EXACTLY the same way as the old modem - same jackpoint and same line filters? Are the line filters connected to every phone device?

Changing provider wont fix a line issue like you describe. If the same issue happens on the old modem and all the line filters are correctly set up then it could be a co-incidental line fault which Chorus can fix.

The person on the phone should have run through these things with you.

New Poster

by Jeremey New Poster
Message 54 of 67 (331 Views)
I have it turned on and can only access the hard drive from my laptop. No access from Android or iPhone.
Posted from Huawei VNS-L22
Frequent Poster

by Frequent Poster dantan Frequent Poster
Message 55 of 67 (320 Views)

Hi

Im currently running a ASUS RT-88U as my main router plugged into the ONT and using the HG659 only for my phone line connected to one of the lan ports. Will this modem be able to do the same thing as the HG659 if I decide to resign for another year and they send my one of these?

Thanks

Starter Poster

by Questian Starter Poster
Message 56 of 67 (280 Views)

Can this router be used as access point only? (same question as user above)

i have a main router and would like  to keep using that, want to use the ultrahub for wifi signal only

New Poster

by MarkJefferies New Poster
Message 57 of 67 (203 Views)

After setting up my Ultra Hub I did some speed tests and discovered the modem thought I was on ADSL.

After returning to my old white Huawei Vodafone routher VDSL speeds were measured again.

I would have thought the modem would automatically switch between ADSL and VDSL depending on how the port was set up. Is there a manual setting for VDSL I may have missed.

Pictures attached Hub on ADSL

Screen Shot 2017-11-30 at 30-11-17   8.59.49 PM.png

Speedtest

Screen Shot 2017-11-30 at 30-11-17   9.00.54 PM.png

After swapping back to Vodafone HG modem

Screen Shot 2017-11-30 at 30-11-17   9.04.19 PM.png

Contributor

by Contributor MrMorm Contributor
Message 58 of 67 (151 Views)

Its not possible - if your line is VDSL, then the Ultra Hub is on VDSL (it will tell you in the status page). It cant negotiate ADSL on a VDSL line.

AS for the speedtests, it may have come right after a time from plugging in the new modem

Frequent Poster

Vodafone Ultra Hub and Vodafone TV (retired)

by Frequent Poster concrete Frequent Poster
Message 59 of 67 (129 Views)

My Vodafone Ultra Hub sits unplugged on the shelf as an reminder ornament for my recent Vodafone upgrade experience.

I received the Vodafone Ultra Hub - which will not run the Vodafone TV (retired), runs for a short time then 'service unavialble'. However plugged back in the Haewei HG659 and then Vodafone TV (retired) works perfectly. 

Have spoken to Vodafone who said they are aware and have had a few others with issues (... a lot I'd suspect)

I've had pretty much bad experience from upgrading from Fibre 100 to Fibre 200 (took over 3 weeks to get). Re-signing up, got many phone calls to get, then no response from anyone at Vodafone, except your very 'top' person (total respect there - and thank you).

cheers

Paul

Starter Poster

Re: Vodafone Ultra Hub and Vodafone TV (retired)

by Ryrynz Starter Poster
Message 60 of 67 (80 Views)

This service has been a lot more stable for me over the last month, a real shame it takes so long to fix things up.
Maybe take a more time to test in future? When's the next firmware being pushed?

Stats
  • 66 Replies
  • 15w ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 11 Contributors