The Vodafone Ultra Hub is here ...

Starter Poster

Re: The Vodafone Ultra Hub is here ...

[ Edited ]
by Ryrynz Starter Poster
Message 21 of 68 (1,304 Views)

The other issue I mentioned is because unlike te HG659 this doesn't set up Static IP right?
on the HG659 I could select the MAC address then just allocate the IP. I have to set it in the Windows config for this, as a result of that I wasn't getting internet on my android mobiles (had to set static manually there as well to fix it) and thus reset the router. So yeah setting static IP in this router seems faulty.

Pretty buggy thing to release.. I'm finding these issues within hours.. do you guys even test this stuff before you release it? Not impressed.

Starter Poster

by adubnz Starter Poster
Message 22 of 68 (1,273 Views)

Hey @Ryrynz, did you mean the "Static DHCP - Home Network" area at the bottom of the >Settings >Lan page, where you get to pick a device from a drop diwn dialog and set its IP address?  works like a dream for me out of the box with no other work-arounds...

Cheers.

Starter Poster

by Ryrynz Starter Poster
Message 23 of 68 (1,241 Views)

Yeah that's it. I touch that and suddenly my WIFI devices get no internet.
Another issue, 5Ghz Analyzer doesn't work.

Can't wait for this firmware update to fix this thing..

Community Manager

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 24 of 68 (1,192 Views)

@Ryrynz

Coming this week ...

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Starter Poster

by Ryrynz Starter Poster
Message 25 of 68 (611 Views)

Mike, "this week" was almost two weeks ago. The firmware page doesn't exist by the looks, https://help.vodafone.co.nz/app/answers/detail/a_id/24400/related/1 Click on Ultra Hub link.  NOPE.
I wasn't sure I could be less impressed, now I know..

Community Manager

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 26 of 68 (601 Views)

@Ryrynz

Apologies, my fault. Majority have been updated automatically,i I haven't been able to upload firmware, will be done next week.

m

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Posted from Apple iPad
Starter Poster

by RohitNZ Starter Poster
Message 27 of 68 (864 Views)

Finally got hold of one.  Where can I find a proper user manual for it ?  Some of things are just not obvious.  For instance the parental control.

The page implies that the entries you make block access at the time given.  This is opposite to what I would expect.  And it doesnt seem to work either way.  Additionally it blocks access to a totally different mac.

Highlighted
Contributor

by Contributor MrMorm Contributor
Message 28 of 68 (849 Views)

RohitNZ wrote:

Finally got hold of one.  Where can I find a proper user manual for it ?  Some of things are just not obvious.  For instance the parental control.

The page implies that the entries you make block access at the time given.  This is opposite to what I would expect.  And it doesnt seem to work either way.  Additionally it blocks access to a totally different mac.

The Parental Control works as it says. It blocks a device and a set time (start / finish).

It works for me.

There is no full user manual for the Ultra Hub. All the pages are intuituve so I dont see a need for one.

Starter Poster

by RohitNZ Starter Poster
Message 29 of 68 (796 Views)

MrMorm wrote:

RohitNZ wrote:

The Parental Control works as it says. It blocks a device and a set time (start / finish).

It works for me.

There is no full user manual for the Ultra Hub. All the pages are intuituve so I dont see a need for one.

Maybe you dont need one.  But others may.  As mentioned, its pretty hit and miss.  The first time I tried it, it blocked a totally different mac.  Next time, it did not work.  The third time it blocked all accesss to everyone.  And the fourth time it worked and is still working.  I am too scared to add the rest of the kids.  Can't wait for an update to this bugware.

Starter Poster

No connection to USB Hard Drive

by fmantov Starter Poster
Message 30 of 68 (885 Views)

Hello, I plugged my 500GB Hard Drive into the USB port but I cannot see it on the panel at 192.168.1.1

Yes, it was working yesterday when I was using my previous Vodafone Router...

Stats
  • 67 Replies
  • 16w ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 11 Contributors