Sudden drop in VDSL speeds after changing modems

Starter Poster

Sudden drop in VDSL speeds after changing modems

[ Edited ]
by bhalanapop Starter Poster
Message 1 of 3 (344 Views)

Hi there Smiley Happy 

Context - I just changed my modem to the Ultra Hub (from the HG659)  in preperation for Fibre being connected, at the moment i'm on a VDSL connection

Problem - After changing from the the huawei modem, the speeds have dropped really low compared to what they were before.

Why is this? Should I wait it out for a day  or is it due to the modem being different or is it something else.... 

These results are all done through wifi though- I don't have a USB-C adapted for ethernet. I could still test through a ethernet from a different computer if it's neccesasry but the difference says alot- like in uploads. 

My previous speeds are below 

Annotation.png

These are my speeds now 

Annotation.png

Annotation.png

Thanks^^

Highlighted
Business Ninja Adept

Re: Sudden drop in VDSL speeds after changing modems

by Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept
Message 2 of 3 (339 Views)

@bhalanapop wrote:

Context - I just changed my modem to the Ultra Hub (from the HG659)  in preperation for Fibre being connected, at the moment i'm on a VDSL connection

Problem - After changing from the the huawei modem, the speeds have dropped really low compared to what they were before.

Why is this? Should I wait it out for a day  or is it due to the modem being different or is it something else.... 

These results are all done through wifi though- I don't have a USB-C adapted for ethernet. I could still test through a ethernet from a different computer if it's neccesasry but the difference says alot- like in uploads. 

Sounds like it's just a wifi issue. Switch back to old modem and see if speeds are the same as they were before.

If you compare sync speed from xDSL line stats in the modem from old modem compared to new modem, see if there is any major difference, doubt it will be.

You can try play around with the wifi channels on the new Ultra Hub. And are you using 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz wifi on the new router?

NOC Engineer | Vodafone NZ
Starter Poster

Re: Sudden drop in VDSL speeds after changing modems

by bhalanapop Starter Poster
Message 3 of 3 (276 Views)

Hihi, thanks for reply- I ended up getting fibre much earlier than I thought, so this problem is sorted Smiley Happy Thanks though^^ 

Stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 9w ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 2 Contributors