Static IP on a HG659 Hub

Starter Poster

Static IP on a HG659 Hub

by DianeBlackmore Starter Poster
Message 1 of 5 (141 Views)

Hi. I've been assigned a static IP by Vodafone, however I cannot find anywhere to set this up on my HG659 Router. I've gone through all available options that I can see but can see nowhere to add this.Clearly there is DCHP etc but I don't care about my internal network IP's, only the public IP as I need access to external servers via RDP and others that are restricted by IP - and a dynamic IP is unworkable (obviously).

My account manager assures me it's set up and I need to talk to a tech to get this completed but I can't call anyone as I have no reception here without SureSignal (and SureSignal won't work as soon as the router is restared) and no landline.

Business Ninja Adept

Re: Static IP on a HG659 Hub

by Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept
Message 2 of 5 (138 Views)

@DianeBlackmoreYou should not need to configure the assigned static IP in the router. It is a static address handed out via DHCP.

Have you tried a factory reset of the router?

NOC Engineer | Vodafone NZ
Business Ninja Adept

Message 3 of 5 (137 Views)

No config change on your end should be required.

Starter Poster

by DianeBlackmore Starter Poster
Message 4 of 5 (125 Views)

Hi. I have tried a hard reset, have turned it off for 60 secs then back on, done the same with the NT unit, all got me nowhere. Acount manager still assured me it was all good at Vodafone's end and it was a setting in my router that needed changing. Guess account manager's aren't 'techs' though huh!

Highlighted
Business Ninja Adept

Message 5 of 5 (123 Views)

Uh oh...

Okay, can you please private message me your account details ?

I'll ask someone to take a look. Tricky situation to be in as you have no way to contact via phone! But will see if I can find someone to sort it for you..

Cheers

Sebastian

Stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2w ago
  • 3 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors