Spam on Paradise email

dbh
New Poster

Re: Spam on Paradise email

by dbh New Poster
Message 31 of 64 (726 Views)

Have had the same issues as others. Used to get virutally no spam through with emails. Recently a huge amount of stuff that is obviously spam and SHOULD HAVE BEEN filtered out. WTF Vodafone!
Have always been very happy with Paradise. Vodafone seems to be stuffing up what was a reliable service.

The only thing stopping a move is my current contract and the fact that Spark is probably worse.

Get your act together guys!

Will there be compensation for the current mess?

New Poster

Re: Spam on Paradise/Clearnet email

[ Edited ]
by MaggieHillock New Poster
Message 32 of 64 (721 Views)

I changed from paradise to clearnet some years ago - but I'm still get emails on both addresses. I've been getting hundreds of spam emails over the last month or so.. Most have been picked up in spam/junk, but in the  last couple of days they've escaped that net and have been clogging my phone and tablet so that some of the important emails about work or family are getting swamped. What is being done about this? I'm sick  of paying a monthly fee to Clearnet and then having to deal with this garbage. Get onto it people. I had over 130 get through the net onto my phone this morning. When I went onto Outlook most, but not all had been snagged by the Junk Mailbox. Further, on Webmail there were two pages of Spam when I  had cleared it yesterday. You have a severe technical failure people and you must fix it. I didn't ever see spam before Vodafone took over - now it's spewing all over the place.

Starter Poster

by mtanerau Starter Poster
Message 33 of 64 (611 Views)

Yesterday was a Email Spam free day.  So far today I have had to delete approximately 130 spam emails.  Is someone working on a fix for the problem.

Senior Contributor

by Senior Contributor capcomnz Senior Contributor
Message 34 of 64 (609 Views)

Short answer.....No

Long answer......(from Vodafone)

As weird as this sounds the jump in SPAM you have had today is actually a sign of this being resolved.
As we have cleared the backlog in our servers all of the legitimate email as well as SPAM emails will start filtering through to their intended recipient hence the increase today.
As we fix our SPAM filters which we are on track to have completed this week you should stop seeing SPAM altogether.
Please understand that everyone higher is aware of this issue and we are doing all we can to get this fixed so yourself and other customer don;t continue to be impacted.

Community Manager

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 35 of 64 (605 Views)

Short answer is yes. And a full fix going in this week.

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Starter Poster

by Ja5ck6 Starter Poster
Message 36 of 64 (595 Views)

I had another load of spam today.

Frequent Poster

by Frequent Poster anzac1957 Frequent Poster
Message 37 of 64 (582 Views)

Sure hope so.. As far as I can see not one of the spam emails is actually addressed to my email address.. 5 pages minimum a day in the spam folder on the webmail that I have to scroll through to ensure no ligitimate emails have ended up there.. not to mention the number of spam emails getting through your filtering.. as others have said, this problem wasn't happening pre our accounts being taken over by Vodafone..

Posted from Android 6.0
Senior Contributor

[ Edited ]
by Senior Contributor capcomnz Senior Contributor
Message 38 of 64 (579 Views)

I think the solution is that the emails have been sent to you by putting your name in the BCC field. A justifiable use of BCC is where you wish to send a carbon copy of a message to a secret recipient, but you don't want the other recipients to know about the secret recipient. The mail system strips out all BCC addresses from the original message text so no one can see them. I think this is what has happened to you. Looking at my own junk mail inbox I note that I also have received a message in this way. I suspect that the senders used the BCC field in the hope that it would stand a better chance of evading your junk mail filter. Incidentally, for most junk mail the sender's name is spoofed - such a person doesn't actually exist, or if they do then their computer has been hi-jacked!

see

http://dev.kitrx.com/2009/09/how-come-i-get-email-spam-thats-not-addressed-to-me/

Regular Poster

by Regular Poster Collette Regular Poster
Message 39 of 64 (514 Views)

We are still getting spam although not quite as many.. We seem to go two days free of it then on the third day about six of them arrive. And it is starting to interfere with our normal email, I accidently deleted one that was amongst the spam from a legitimate business because it had one of those names of people advertising their snakeoil products, luckily my husband noticed it in time. Also one that arrived today was highlighted in red by Kaspersky - probable phising scam!!!

Highlighted
Frequent Poster

by Frequent Poster anzac1957 Frequent Poster
Message 40 of 64 (449 Views)

The spam problem continues.. so much for the promise of getting it fixed.. 5 plus pages a day in webmail spam folder.. how about an actual fix..

Posted from Android 6.0
Stats
  • 63 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 6 Kudos
  • 13 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today