Spam Email for the last week

Starter Poster

Re: Spam Email for the last week

by JeremyCooper Starter Poster
Message 41 of 71 (852 Views)

I wasn't receiving any emails on Monday due to a pop3 fault ... thought it was an issue with the network so paid no attention to it.  Returned to work on Tuesday and contacted Vodafone about an unrelated email I had received at my alternate (yahoo) email account - while resolving that was told that my vodafone email address had been suspended due to the sending of 1000 spam emails ... my first thought was Wednesday Thursday Friday (lol) ... and then I thought if they could send me emails to my alternate account (which is where my billing goes) why couldn't they inform me about the spam issue ... glad to see that the spam wasn't necessarily my fault but seriously Vodafone - sort it out.

Starter Poster

by friend55 Starter Poster
Message 42 of 71 (845 Views)
I also have an ihug email address and got spam every morning last week or so.. Time of send is around 2-3am. I am away on hols so only download my email a few times each day. Only got the spam early am. Also my spam took a holiday over weekend!!
Posted from Samsung SM-G900A
Contributor

by Contributor Zippity Contributor
Message 43 of 71 (828 Views)

19 emails this morning - all but 3 were spam!!!!

Come on Vodafone.

Or is this part of your plan to granfather and for us to relinquish all those old Ihug emails????

If that is the cae, I am dropping my Broadband, home telephone and Sky subscriptions through you and moving elsewhere....

Starter Poster

by briann Starter Poster
Message 44 of 71 (817 Views)

I am getting lots spam too. What's happening? I don't want to return to the bad old days of sorting through endless emails for errectile disfunction and phony degrees.

Brian

Trusted Partner

by Trusted Partner Trusted Partner
Message 45 of 71 (812 Views)

I did well. Only 3 spam this morning. Ironicially Spam is now identifying itself with unique email addresses (possibly compromised) To those who are reading this and not in the know, please delete the emails and don't open the attachements.

Community Manager

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 46 of 71 (790 Views)

Yes, as Mary said, don't open them but do forward them onto DNS Blacklist, SpamCop, or Email Reputation Services. They will be in contact with our abuse team so that we can then update our system accordingly.

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Contributor

by Contributor Pristle Contributor
Message 47 of 71 (756 Views)

Mike,

Can you elaborate on reporting to these services?

My understanding is that ERS is a subscription service. DNSBL doesn't seem to provide a link to report spam to. And SpamCop allows you to register but then bounce messages back with comments like:

SpamCop encountered errors while saving spam for processing:
SpamCop could not find your spam message in this email:

Paul

Starter Poster

[ Edited ]
by obald Starter Poster
Message 48 of 71 (729 Views)

More obfuscation from VF. As I mentioned in this thread last week, DNSBL specifically told me NOT to forward my spam to them when I did so having been instructed by Vodafone.

VF should be sorting this out themselves and not asking their customers to do their work for them by forwarding spam to third parties - who appear not to want it. Surely VF has enough information to be able to sort this out themselves; providing a safe and secure service is their core business afterall. What does the 'abuse team' referred to do all day?

Highlighted
Starter Poster

by theflash Starter Poster
Message 49 of 71 (664 Views)

I am getting heaps of spam too, thats why I left Orcon, please sort it out. or explain why this has just started.

Contributor

by Contributor Pristle Contributor
Message 50 of 71 (642 Views)

That's the thing, it hasn't just started, it's just got worse. I contacted the helpdesk about it over 6 months ago.

Paul

Stats
  • 70 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 17 Kudos
  • 15 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today