Slow Wifi Speed ADSL

Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

Slow Wifi Speed ADSL

[ Edited ]
by jackman998 Starter Poster
Message 1 of 6 (1,240 Views)

Hey I've recently noticed that our download speed is lower than usual. Our download speed was usually around 14mbps now it dropped to around 7mbps. This happened around 2 weeks ago, now we never hit 10+mbps. I've changed the channels of our internet but it's still the same speed. I've taken plenty of speedtest over period of hours but the results are always the same with the download speed at around 7mbps or lower. Sometimes the download speed goes down to even 4mbps or lower.

Speed.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Starter Poster

Re: Slow Wifi Speed ADSL

Message 5 of 6 (2,276 Views)

Ok, so i bought a new filter and that solved the problem, but ethernet still does not work though sadly. atleast our wifi speed is back to normal

View solution in original post

Solution
Accepted by topic author jackman998
‎27-01-2017 12:39 PM

All Replies
Vodafone Ninja

by Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja
Message 2 of 6 (1,230 Views)

Hey there, can you give it a test over ethernet rather than wifi just to make sure it's not a problem with the wifi and more likely to be the line. 

Once we rule out the wifi, we can run a test on the line and see what can be done, a technician may need to be arranged if the line has become degraded. Give the technical support team a call on 0800438448.

- Sam

I work for Vodafone, supporting our mobile and fixed customers, and volunteer my time on the community.

PM = Private Message. Click on my name to send me a message.
Starter Poster

[ Edited ]
Message 3 of 6 (1,209 Views)

I'll test out the ethernet tomorrow, and will post the result. Also what line are you talking about? the line connected to the modem and the phone socket?

Starter Poster

Message 4 of 6 (1,186 Views)

Hey Sam, Today i tried using ethernet but it wouldnt work. My internet is limited once i try using ethernet. I also tried waiting for 10mins to see if it would connect to the ethernet aswell as plugging it in different lan. I also tried using multiple ethernet cables but still resulted in the internet being limited.

Starter Poster

Message 5 of 6 (2,277 Views)

Ok, so i bought a new filter and that solved the problem, but ethernet still does not work though sadly. atleast our wifi speed is back to normal

Solution
Accepted by topic author jackman998
‎27-01-2017 12:39 PM
Highlighted
Vodafone Ninja

by Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja
Message 6 of 6 (1,151 Views)

That's great to hear that the filter fixed the speed issue @jackman998

Strange that the ethernet isn't working, do you not get any connection at all through the ethernet or is it just really slow?

It would definitely be a problem with the modem in that case.

How old is the modem? Could possibly be time for an upgrade.

- Sam

I work for Vodafone, supporting our mobile and fixed customers, and volunteer my time on the community.

PM = Private Message. Click on my name to send me a message.
Stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 25w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today