Slow VDSL Upload speed on new connection.

Highlighted
Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

Slow VDSL Upload speed on new connection.

by TimMoore Starter Poster
Message 1 of 5 (1,135 Views)

Hi,

I just switched from Orcon ADSL to Vodafone VDSL. Everything is set up correctly as per the instructions etc. I´m getting around 16MBit download speed which is a fair improvement over my previous ADSL of 10Mbit but I´m only getting arounf 0.8 to 1.3 Mbit upload speeds. I was told that the slowest would be around 5 Mbit so I´m wondering if there is a setting somewhere that I missed. Also I´ve read that the modem should not be turned off for 10 days while it "settles down" can someone give me a bit more detail on whats actually happening please and maybe that things will improve over the week or 10 days.

I´m in Laingholm West Auckland and around 900 Meters walking distance from the local exchange.

Modem is the Standard HG659

Thanks

Tim

Accepted Solutions
Staff

Re: Slow VDSL Upload speed on new connection.

by Staff JoelA Staff
Message 2 of 5 (2,189 Views)

Hi Tim.

I believe the answer to both your questions is something called DLM (Dynamic Line Management), this is an automated process which takes place with new VDSL connections. Your connection is cycled through different 'profiles' to find the optimum balance of performance and stability. This is why your speeds may be underwhelming at first, however after 10-14 days you should notice your speeds stablizing. It's important the modem isn't rebooted during this time to allow the process to run it's course. There's plenty of info out there to dig deeper if you're interested in further details, hope this helps Smiley Happy

Cheers

I volunteer my time to help the community but I am not an official member of the Social Media team.
Joel Armstrong | Assistant Store Manager | Vodafone NZ |

View solution in original post

Solution
Accepted by MikeHales (Community Manager)
‎01-06-2016 09:32 AM

All Replies
Staff

by Staff JoelA Staff
Message 2 of 5 (2,190 Views)

Hi Tim.

I believe the answer to both your questions is something called DLM (Dynamic Line Management), this is an automated process which takes place with new VDSL connections. Your connection is cycled through different 'profiles' to find the optimum balance of performance and stability. This is why your speeds may be underwhelming at first, however after 10-14 days you should notice your speeds stablizing. It's important the modem isn't rebooted during this time to allow the process to run it's course. There's plenty of info out there to dig deeper if you're interested in further details, hope this helps Smiley Happy

Cheers

I volunteer my time to help the community but I am not an official member of the Social Media team.
Joel Armstrong | Assistant Store Manager | Vodafone NZ |
Solution
Accepted by MikeHales (Community Manager)
‎01-06-2016 09:32 AM
Starter Poster

by TimMoore Starter Poster
Message 3 of 5 (1,114 Views)

Thanks Joel,

Guess I'll have to be a bit more patient Smiley Happy

Cheers

Tim

Posted from Apple iPad
Staff

by Staff wsfinest Staff
Message 4 of 5 (1,095 Views)

Do you have just VDSL or do you have VDSL with a landline (home phone) as well

Retired Staff

[ Edited ]
by Retired Staff johnr Retired Staff
Message 5 of 5 (1,093 Views)

@TimMoore 900 meters walking could mean 1.5km of copper, Can you DM me your account number please,

Also look at the modem DSL SYNC stats and was a master filter installed when VDSL was cut over?

Thanks

Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17 years 4 days
Stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 3 Kudos
  • 4 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today