Slow Fibre Speed

Business Ninja Adept

Re: Slow Fibre Speed

by Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept
Message 11 of 13 (173 Views)

Suggest you have a read through a couple of these threads for more ideas....

https://www.geekzone.co.nz/forums.asp?forumid=40&topicid=190793

https://www.geekzone.co.nz/forums.asp?forumid=39&topicid=210223

NOC Engineer | Vodafone NZ
Business Ninja Adept

by Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept
Message 12 of 13 (173 Views)

@Mikikeka wrote:
So it is problem with Vodafone who is seling more connections that you network can handle. So you need to take for somebody to give to another...

100% this is not the case, 100% incorrect Smiley Happy 

Remember also, fibre is a wholesale service from Chorus, we could not do this even 'if we ever wanted to'

NOC Engineer | Vodafone NZ
Starter Poster

by DaleJeremy Starter Poster
Message 13 of 13 (133 Views)

Vodafone fibre seems to me like its rubbish and vodafone clearly don't hold up there end of the bargin/contract in relation to promised speeds.

I have had gigbite fibre with them for about 5 months. I started out getting around 300-400 down and about 450 up. 

I have rung on a few occassions to complain (you practically need to dedicate a whole day off work to get anywhere with there customer service). but ultimately dont get anywhere. They typically blame your hardware and they blamed mine. I have checked mine all out and its 100% able to support the gigabite speeds. Quite clearly just an excuse they use.

I can't help but believe that vodafone are capping the download speeds. I say this because, after i called and complained on one occassion, my download speed suddently went from 400 to 850 magically. I had the 850 download speeds for about one week and then it came back down to 440 and sits there consistently

Vodafone quite clearly don't meet there contract obligations regarding the download speed. if there are any ninjas reading this, please let me know what email address i can write to requesting my contract be cancelled due to vodafone not honouring their end of the contract.

thanks.

Stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 7 Contributors