SPAM

Starter Poster

Re: SPAM

by Ja5ck6 Starter Poster
Message 11 of 16 (231 Views)

yesterday (Sunday) was bad too. I am seriously thinking of changing my e mail server.

Highlighted
Starter Poster

by Ja5ck6 Starter Poster
Message 12 of 16 (231 Views)

I am finding the same.

New Poster

by JohnRupertDaish New Poster
Message 13 of 16 (228 Views)

Fully agree with the comments on this spam issue, it is completely unacceptable to be deluged with obscene, gross messages into our inbox every day on our paradise account. We have been forwarding to "missedspam" and deleting but it is time consuming and stomach churning to be dealing with this stuff. Something needs to be done by Vodadfone

very very soon.

Senior Contributor

by Senior Contributor capcomnz Senior Contributor
Message 14 of 16 (227 Views)

Theres a reply from Mike hales (Community Manager)

Apologies all once again for the spam.

I've been in contact with the engineers involved and work is continuing with quite a lot happening during July to upgrade the system. As noted in the thread, there's still spam getting through which is frustrating I'm sure - as it is for us. The current process of reporting email spam (Clear and Paradise) to us still applies - please note that the process doesn't work for webmail.

I can only state again that it is a high priority for us and we're really sorry for the inconvenience. 

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand

From the post:
Starter Poster

Re: SPAM at Paradise

by johnnybegood Starter Poster
Message 15 of 16 (118 Views)

I have been getting bombarded with spam for months and I'm sick of having to clean out my Paradise web mail spam  folders almost daily. Almost every day my two accounts will have 60-80 spam emails mostly containing brand names for **bleep** enlargement and' health' products none of which I need.

Many of the spam emails I recieve (daily) on my home computer also are infected with viruses.

I've complined about this in the past on several occasions and always get promised that 'in a few weeks' it will be resolved

1. Why can't you VODAFONE NINJA genuises stop this annoying spam business?

2. Why is  Paradiose webmail set up so can I only delete 20 spam emails at a time from my paradise webmail accounts rather than obliterate the whole lot in one go? When you have 600 or 1000 accumlated its a painful waste of my time.

ANNOYED!

Senior Contributor

Re: SPAM at Paradise

[ Edited ]
by Senior Contributor capcomnz Senior Contributor
Message 16 of 16 (115 Views)

@johnnybegood

Vodafone has been touting that line "it will be resolved" since April.

Franking they cant fix it !

Just remember that any spam in the spam/junk folder is suppose to go there. It wouldnt matter if your on Gmail, Outlook etc etc. Any ISP that catches spam will always place it into a spam/junk folder. Its because some legit emails could be marked as spam by mistake - False Positives.

However any well known spam emails orught to be deleted straight away without having to clutter up any folder.

Its the ones that get through to the Inbox that are more annoying ast these should be caught !!

As for deleteing more emails from webmail. You can do it.

I use Clearnet, so hoping the system / layout is the same.

Look at the top, there should be a "button" called Options. Click on that

There is an area there called "Number of messages per page". Change this to a larger amount.

I have mine at 200. So 200 emails will show at one time. Not that I have ever had that many.

Stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 17w ago
  • 4 Kudos
  • 9 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today