SPAM

Highlighted
Starter Poster

SPAM

by zbmcl Starter Poster
Message 1 of 16 (864 Views)

Could we have a good update please on the Clear/Paradise problem where the e-mail delays have now been fixed but the Spam issue has not.  I think the Spam started arriving not long before that Wed outage I read about. 

I'm getting between my two e-mail addresses about 200-300 Spam a day

On my e-mail program (Outlook) I can delete the whole lot in one go if the Spam has been picked up by my Norton add-on filter and putting it into a Spam folder (by emptying the Spam folder which I do in one click but I do look through the sending addresses first to make sure nothing is there that shouldn't be) but a problem for me and I'm on IMAP is that the Clear/Paradise folder on the server also has them and I also need to delete those, but of course page by page.

Where the real problem is then for me is that I'm usually running at 5%-10% under quota and the Spam stuff can very quickly use up more of my quota which can then stop some genuine e-mails from coming through especially if a little big.  And this is happening.

So, is there any possibility that this Spam issue can be satisfactorily fixed?  By 'satisfactorily' I mean a filter at the server level that would work in 99% of the cases.

If so, how far away is that?.

thanks

Community Manager

Re: SPAM

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 2 of 16 (854 Views)

@zbmcl

Thanks for your post. I'll check in with the team.

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Starter Poster

by bikbok Starter Poster
Message 3 of 16 (824 Views)

Do we have an update yet ?

Not just "we're workign on it" but a meaningful update!

For me its been going on since APril... it will reduce to a few a day and then increase to hundreds ! menawhile I still have missing emails form legitimate senders.

As the spam and email problems keep occuring with clear and paradise , I can't help but feel Vodafone are not doing their best for these customers, preferrign to focus on the vodafone clients.  Yes I know theyy are on different platforms .. all the more reason to get it sorted once and for all.. unelss youa re tryign to forcr people to switch!!

Surely you must have better filters at the server level , than to let viagara and ciallis and even fake SPARKemails through.

Community Manager

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 4 of 16 (812 Views)

@bikbok

Yes, we have made a series of upgrades to our email servers and seen a good improvement but we're not finished yet and so there will be more improvements over the next 2-3 weeks so that we can get to a much better position for email users. 

No, we're not focused on one platform over the other or trying to force change from one to another. 

I've been speaking directly with our engineers and they're working hard to improve spam filtering every day.

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Starter Poster

by MikeHarvey47 Starter Poster
Message 5 of 16 (769 Views)

This is good to hear and I eagerly await the improvement, it can't be that hard. I'm glad that you are not "focused on one platform over the other or trying to force change" because alienating a segment of customers makes no sense as a business strategy.

Senior Contributor

by Senior Contributor capcomnz Senior Contributor
Message 6 of 16 (734 Views)

Anyone else finding that spam seems to be getting to the inbox more regularly ?

Up until Wed 28th June it was fine then as of yesterday, its bad again

Senior Contributor

by Senior Contributor capcomnz Senior Contributor
Message 7 of 16 (711 Views)

@MikeHales

So whats happening with these filters ???

Over the last few days (since 28th June) more spam is getting through again !!!

Its sickening..

I know thery're "working on it" but that spiel has gone on to long.

So has the "forward any missed spam to blah blah blah"

I already have a complaint in about this

Any update, any comments

Starter Poster

by Ja5ck6 Starter Poster
Message 8 of 16 (697 Views)

We are having less spam during the week, but on Fridays and Saturdays they are flooding in. Seems to be a pattern here,.

Starter Poster

by bikbok Starter Poster
Message 9 of 16 (687 Views)

yes , same here. Masses of spam friday and Saturday. very odd. 

MAP
Starter Poster

by MAP Starter Poster
Message 10 of 16 (639 Views)

Same experience.

i've had my paradise e-mail address for nearly 20 years and now considering giving it up as the amount of Spam and the length of time it''s taking to resolve the problem, is making the account unusable.

MAP.

Stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 22w ago
  • 4 Kudos
  • 9 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today