Read Me: Rural Wireless Broadband Troubleshooting & Isolation Test

Vodafone Ninja

Read Me: Rural Wireless Broadband Troubleshooting & Isolation Test

[ Edited ]
by Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja
Message 1 of 2 (1,984 Views)

Who is this for?

This is a basic troubleshooting for Rural Wireless Broadband customers. This can save you a call through to our technical team as this will be most of the time their first course of action in in many cases such as:

• Loss of broadband connection (unable to browse)
  • Throughput issues (Slow broadband, slow browsing speeds)
  • Noisy phone line (echo, cutting out, static or interference)

Going through these troubleshooting steps may avoid a technician call out charge where a fault is caused by your hardware or device.

Few things to check before going through the troubleshooting. If you have an external antenna/yagi:

• Check the cables along with the external antenna/yagi for any obvious damage or cuts
  • Check the external antenna/yagi for any obvious damage or change in its usual direction, or has it been moved from its original location?

If the answer is yes to either one of the above 2 questions, then get in touch with the mobile technical team in order to arrange for a technician to visit your property and replace the cables or realign the antenna in the right direction.

REMEMBER

We recommend performing these steps prior to your call to our contact centre, as this may reduce your call time.

Remember to check our Network Status pages for any known issues on the mobile network here Network Status Page and also any planned work etc in the Network Status section of Vodafone Community. If you find any known issues in your area, then rest assured we’re working on it to fix it ASAP.

Steps

1. Start with restarting your modem, and then test if your broadband/phone are working or not.

1. If still not working, then try to reset the modem back to factory settings. This would mean the Wifi password/key will be changed back to the original key written at the back/bottom of the modem.

To reset the modem, this will depend on which modem you have (you can find the model number on the sticker on the back/bottom of the modem):

• B970B/ B683: use a sharply pointed object to press and hold for about 5 seconds on the reset button hole at the bottom of the modem. Let it go and leave it for a couple of minutes and it will restart on its own.

• B3000: use a sharply pointed object to press and hold for about 5 seconds on the reset button hole at the left side of the modem. Let it go and leave it for a couple of minutes and it will restart on its own.

• B315: use a sharply pointed object to press and hold for about 5 seconds on the reset button hole at the back of the modem. Let it go and leave it for a couple of minutes and it will restart on its own.

After the reset, you may need to search for wifi networks on your device and choose your wifi network, and you will need to enter the wifi password/key which will be written on the back/bottom of the modem

1. If still not working, test connecting the modem to a PC with an Ethernet cable. If it works using the Ethernet cable only and not Wifi, then kindly ring our technical team for further help as this may mean there is a fault with the modem itself.

1. If broadband is working fine but still having issues with your home phone connection, then kindly try the following:
  • If your home phone is plugged into a jack point, kindly try to plug it directly to the modem and try to use again.
  • If still not working, then try to test the connection by replacing your current cable with a similar one where possible in case there is an issue with the cable itself, and try to use it again.
  • Where possible, kindly test with another telephone device by connecting it with a cable directly to the mode, just in case the fault is with the original device itself.

What should I do now?

If after going through these steps you’re still unable to get a stable connection, please contact our mobile technical team for more help. They may need to escalate this to our more advanced second tier technical teams, or may need to book a technician visit to your property, which they will advise accordingly. For our contact details, please check our Contact Us page.

REMEMBER Let our tech support team know what steps you have taken already. It will save them guiding you through the process again.

Good luck! Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Retired Staff

Re: Read Me: Rural Wireless Broadband Troubleshooting & Isolation Test

by Retired Staff Dylan Retired Staff
Message 2 of 2 (1,951 Views)

Cheers Ahmed, great work. Smiley Happy I'm made this a floated topic so it'll stay at the top of the list.

This post is one of our "Read Me" ones, so I'm going to block new replies to it.

Please start a new topic in the Personal and Business Broadband & Phone section to discuss things covered in this post, or other broadband stuff.

Stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1y ago
  • 2 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today