RBI Port forwarding problems . . . again

Starter Poster

RBI Port forwarding problems . . . again

by kernels Starter Poster
Message 1 of 3 (169 Views)

Hi guys, I'm working on a project that uses a GPRS modem with vodafone sim to connect to my home network via my RBI wireless connection.

I'm getting some very odd behavior : When I check whether the port is open and forwarded via a website like "http://www.canyouseeme.org/" it returns sucessful, and I can see via my tcp server app that a connection was made from outside. 

However, when trying to do the same thing from my GPRS device (which works fine connecting to a 'real' server), the connection always fails and I never even get a notification on my server that an attempt was made to connect.

So, to summerize, the ports are forwarded correctly through the modem and the server app can accept connections, the modem code works properly when connecting to other servers, but trying to connect to my house via RBI it does not work. 

Any ideas ? I know VF has been plagued by these RBI port forwarding problems.

Starter Poster

Re: RBI Port forwarding problems . . . again

by kernels Starter Poster
Message 2 of 3 (137 Views)

Bump ?

Highlighted
Regular Poster

Re: RBI Port forwarding problems . . . again

by Regular Poster Phil_W Regular Poster
Message 3 of 3 (34 Views)
Ok, possibly better late than never. I suspect that because you are linking in via a Vodafone device it will block the loop back.... I'm not sure sure but possiblly VF to VF is not metered..and if a lot of traffic went this way then there's no money to be made by VF . So you can reach in via a truly external non Vodafone linked device, but not if the device is using VF-VF. Happy to hear I am wrong.
Posted from Android 2.0
Stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 37w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today