RBI Port Forwarding Problems

New Poster

RBI Port Forwarding Problems

[ Edited ]
by drivingforcesai New Poster
Message 1 of 6 (736 Views)

Hello,

I have an Huawei B315S-607 running through Vodafones RBI network. I went to open some ports and it doesn't work. I tried putting myself in the DMZ, it doesn't work (yes I am aware what that does).

Why is port forwarding not working? Going by previous posts, it said Vodafone started allowing RBI customers to forward their ports. We aren't all Farmers and Business users, some of us just don't have the luxury of a wired connection.

If port forwarding is just not allowed period, there wasn't any information to say that was the case. And I would be extremely disappointed that it would be assumed nobody would use port forwarding.

Retired Staff

Re: RBI Port Forwarding Problems

by Retired Staff Dylan Retired Staff
Message 2 of 6 (712 Views)

Hi there

@wsfinest updated me about this yesterday. There are a couple of things happening to make it work better.

As a one off, please click on his name and send him a private message with your account details and info about what ports you need opened, he'll check it out for you.

Thank you

Dylan

Starter Poster

by toobusy Starter Poster
Message 3 of 6 (662 Views)

Hello

Did you have any luck with this as I am having an identical problem trying to access my home alarm? After many many long conversations and emails with VF, still no joy. Getting incredibly frustrated at Vodafones lack of help. Insurance company not happy either.

Thanks

Starter Poster

by Radionutter Starter Poster
Message 4 of 6 (446 Views)

Any news a year on, I'm having the same issues.

Vodafone help desk are totally useless, port forward a range why would you want to do that?

FFS

Highlighted
Retired Staff

by Retired Staff Lucas Retired Staff
Message 5 of 6 (431 Views)

Port Forwarding/Static IP is not currently supported on Wireless Broadband connections at this time.

I work in the Mobile On Account and Mobile Technical Support team. I volunteer my time on the Community.
Starter Poster

by toobusy Starter Poster
Message 6 of 6 (395 Views)
luckily enough paradox (alarm system company) have just updated there firmware which now supports p2p and works like it should have done in the first place. Moved from vodafone to spark rbi a few months ago. better service and speeds are 10 times better. thx again vodafony. best of luck
Posted from Samsung SM-G930F
Stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 5 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today