Q: When is VDSL not VDSL?

Highlighted
Frequent Poster
Accepted Solution

Q: When is VDSL not VDSL?

by Frequent Poster robking Frequent Poster
Message 1 of 6 (839 Views)

A: When the installer does the VDSL install only to find that Vodafone haven't done the bit at their end to light up the line as VDSL!  

As a result, I currently have ADSL2+ speeds and the installer only gets paid for an ADSL install (half what he should get for a VDSL install).  I called the technical support line (which I suspect is the same as all the others) and was simply told it would take 24-48 hours to come alive.  This is despite getting cheery emails and TXTs telling me it's all ready to go.

1) How hard is it to do the bit *before* the installer turns up and gets shafted on his pay?

2) Why do you send out emails telling it's all done when it clearly isn't?

Accepted Solutions
Frequent Poster

Re: Q: When is VDSL not VDSL?

Message 5 of 6 (1,506 Views)

Give their Twitter people a message first.  They've been really good to deal with for my issues.

View solution in original post

Solution
Accepted by topic author robking
‎06-05-2016 01:55 PM

All Replies
Frequent Poster

Message 2 of 6 (821 Views)

Heh, two days after the "VDSL" install and still on ADSL.

Frequent Poster

Message 3 of 6 (791 Views)

UNBELIEVABLE.

I called the phone people AGAIN today to see what has happened to our VDSL installation and basically someone screwed up and we've ended up with ADSL.  The phone person (Suzie) said that the order that Chorus had was for ADSL which I find hard to believe since the installer KNEW that it was for VDSL.  In fact he was annoyed too because he found something hadn't been done at the VF end to enable it.

So now I'm at the mercy of the faceless "provisioning team" and going to have to take MORE time off work just to stick around so you guys can sort yourselves out!

Starter Poster

[ Edited ]
by televisionmouth Starter Poster
Message 4 of 6 (772 Views)

LOl you think that's bad? TWO MONTHS I have been waiting for them to come and install my jack point. I have been ringing every 1-2 weeks (sometimes 4 times a week) only to have one mistake after another and now, they're not doing ANYTHING. So it's  B grade ADSL on their end and I'm paying for VDSL, but I don't have it, or their co-operation.

I'm getting to the point where I'm going to take it to the media.

Frequent Poster

Message 5 of 6 (1,507 Views)

Give their Twitter people a message first.  They've been really good to deal with for my issues.

Solution
Accepted by topic author robking
‎06-05-2016 01:55 PM
Regular Poster

by Regular Poster TomManning Regular Poster
Message 6 of 6 (648 Views)

We've been having issues lately, especially bad the last few days. Technician was meant to come out today by 7pm, but yeah... that didn't happen.

On checking up on our modem today, I've noticed that, despite paying for a VDSL service, our modem is showing a "mode" for ADSL2+. This could explain our crappy internet as of late, but there's no explaination as to why we've been switched in the first place.

Looks like it's a common, shifty practise of Vodafone.

Stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 3 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today