PC Protection license won't go away! I keep deactivating, it keeps coming back!

Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

PC Protection license won't go away! I keep deactivating, it keeps coming back!

by AngelaRochelle Starter Poster
Message 1 of 11 (699 Views)

I deactivated PC protection services on Feb 7, thought the matter was over.  I don't want it I have Norton.

Then it appeared on my bill this month, which after a long phone call was reversed.  

But my account said PC protection license active, so I deactivated it again, it said thank you, and now it is active again.

It seems to be automatic, I have deactivated it about 7 times now!  

Please Permanently deactivate this, I don't want to call every month to get $10 credited back for a service I don't want!

Community Manager

Re: PC Protection license won't go away! I keep deactivating, it keeps coming back!

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 2 of 11 (666 Views)

@AngelaRochelle

Apologies for the hassle, when you say removed have you followed these steps?

1. Open the Vodafone NZ website
  2. Click Sign in to My Account
  3. Click Internet & landline
  4. Enter Username and Password
  5. Click Sign in to My Account
  6. Click PC Protection in the Add-On Services menu
  7. Click Unsubscribe Me

Cheers

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Starter Poster

Re: PC Protection license won't go away! I keep deactivating, it keeps coming back!

Message 3 of 11 (660 Views)

Yes!  I have done that about 10 times and phoned vodafone and they have done it 3 times on their end!

I just did it again just then too! 

Thank you for your request

Thank you for your request to deactivate your Vodafone Security - PC Protection licence.

We'll send you an email within the next couple of hours to confirm that this service has been closed.

Don't forget: PC Protection is billed on a monthly basis, in advance, on the 1st of the month. So if you cancel this service part way through the month you will still be billed to the end of the month.

Guaranteed in 2 hours or so, it'll be back saying, Here is your license for PC protection.....

Please deactivate this totally from my account!  (first deactivated 7 Feb!)

Have a look at my vodafone email history, it's a laugh.  You'll see the automatically generated PC license popping up.

Thanks

Angela

Starter Poster

Message 4 of 11 (581 Views)

problem not solved, got esculated up the chain.  because it couldn't be deactivated they gave it to me free for life.  

it is permanently on and can not be deactivated.

Highlighted
Community Manager

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 5 of 11 (574 Views)

@AngelaRochelle

Again apologies, this has been escalated internally and a fix is in the works - not your fault at all! Hoping it will be released in short order.

Cheers

m

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Starter Poster

by RossD Starter Poster
Message 6 of 11 (433 Views)

This is currently happening to me right now. PC Protection was spontaneously activated last Friday and I received an email about it. I disabled it on Saturday morning, then last night (Tuesday) I received another activation email, and sure it enough it had been re-activated on my account. I have gone in and disabled it this morning.

Regards,

Ross

Starter Poster

by RossD Starter Poster
Message 7 of 11 (429 Views)

Ok, I received the email stating PC Protection had been disabled...then within the same minute I received new activation codes, and it is now active again. This is aggravating. I bet I will be charged for it as well. Obviously Vodafone you have some kind of rogue scripting going on here...

Regards,

Ross

Starter Poster

Message 8 of 11 (425 Views)

Hi Ross

i had the same problem, they solved it by giving me Free PC protection for life.  

I have no intention of useing it as I believe Norton is a better option for me.

Check your vodafone invoices carefully, we always get overcharged for something (5 months in a row).

And get them to make it free for life on your bills if they can't get rid of it.

Ta

Angela Rochelle

Starter Poster

by RossD Starter Poster
Message 9 of 11 (418 Views)

I just rang customer service and they assured me "Don't worry about it, it is part of your plan, should be free, you can't cancel it as it will just come back.". My account page says it will cost $10 per. We shall see if I get charged for it next bill - odds on I do.

Regards,

Ross

Starter Poster

Message 10 of 11 (406 Views)

Hah hah, I haven't had one that hasn't charged yet!  Good luck.

As long as it is in the notes, they will reverse.  But it is yet another phone call to make....

Stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 28w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors