One month to make a change?!

Highlighted
Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

One month to make a change?!

by dadlam Starter Poster
Message 1 of 6 (2,140 Views)

Come on Vodafone. ONE MONTH to make a change of internet/broadband plan "because you made the change online"........??????!!!!!  Seriously, that is pretty slack customer service. I changed from the old ultimate plan to the newer mega plan today, June 1st. That change will not take effect until July 1st.....because the changeover date has to be the 1st of the month.....quick check....what is today? The first day of the month.....  ROFL   Smiley Happy

Accepted Solutions
Starter Poster

Re: One month to make a change?!

by dadlam Starter Poster
Message 4 of 6 (2,345 Views)

Precisely why I made the change on the first of the month. As it happens, vodafone rang at 8.00 this morning to say that the plan has been changed...problem "solved"...  

View solution in original post

Solution
Accepted by topic author dadlam
‎03-10-2015 04:33 AM

All Replies
Retired Staff

[ Edited ]
by Retired Staff johnr Retired Staff
Message 2 of 6 (2,138 Views)

Hi dadlam

Plans change on the first of the month, This is how it designed to work to save the confusion over prorated invoicing so not slack in anyway! Years ago when I worked on the phones I use to get many calls about prorated invoices and many customers did just not get it no matter how much you went over it went them,

If you want the plan changed today call the fixed line support team and speak to them, They will cover the prorated bit over the phone

John

Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17 years 4 days
Staff

by Staff Manoj Staff
Message 3 of 6 (2,130 Views)
Dadlam, you have no idea. John has provided the appropriate explanation and it's very true.
I am from the fixed line faults team and I volunteer my time here. Not an official member of the Social Media Team.
Starter Poster

by dadlam Starter Poster
Message 4 of 6 (2,346 Views)

Precisely why I made the change on the first of the month. As it happens, vodafone rang at 8.00 this morning to say that the plan has been changed...problem "solved"...  

Solution
Accepted by topic author dadlam
‎03-10-2015 04:33 AM
Retired Staff

by Retired Staff johnr Retired Staff
Message 5 of 6 (2,088 Views)

You would not make changes on the 1st of the month you would make them the last day of the month so the system knows about them at midnight as it changes to the 1st of the month

Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17 years 4 days
Starter Poster

by stickyhuna Starter Poster
Message 6 of 6 (2,068 Views)

i think my plan got changed on the first of this month, ever since my ping to the game server i play on in aus has gone from 50ms to 200 ms Smiley Sad. only thing i can think of why my latency has shot up. would switching from telstra 150gig plan to vodafones 150gig plan effect my overseas routing? im on adsl2 btw.

Stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 4y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 4 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today