Number of Connection on the WI-FI Network for HG659 modem

Frequent Poster

Number of Connection on the WI-FI Network for HG659 modem

by Frequent Poster jacky5878 Frequent Poster
Message 1 of 6 (1,101 Views)

Hi there Dylan and Vodafone

I just want to know the exact answer on this, I been talking to 5 of your rep, 3 from your customer rep over the phone. 2 of them from your New Lynn branch, one staff say 10 maximum connection and the other one say 15 connection. Then I asked the staff member at the New Lynn branch and ask them, does it states on the instruction book that HG659 can only allow to have maximum 5 wi-fi connection and both of them cannot show me the proof at all

The reason I am asking this question is, my HG659, especially when I use the laptop and my sister using the apple Mac Laptop, whoever turn on first, the first machine will be fine, but then the 2nd machine to be switch on, the machine will struggle to connect to the Wi-Fi network.  Afterward, I will have to reboot the modem or pull the power plug and then both computers will be able to connect to the Wi-Fi network.

This issue has been continuously like that for the last 3 months and everytime it frustrated me when I have to goto the 192.168.1.1 and reset. 

I am sure now days, every 1 of us is holding at least 3-4 devices, if 5 of us in the house, then you have apple tv and a smart tv, then 5 devices will not be sufficient enough for this modem???

I also want to know, since it continuously not able to wi-fi network for the computers, is it something wrong the modem

thank you very much

Jacky

Staff

Re: Number of Connection on the WI-FI Network for HG659 modem

[ Edited ]
by Staff wsfinest Staff
Message 2 of 6 (1,096 Views)

Staff

by Staff wsfinest Staff
Message 3 of 6 (1,092 Views)

No limit for cinnections over wifi.  try changing the wifi channels and seee if it fixes it.

Highlighted
Frequent Poster

Message 4 of 6 (1,055 Views)
So I am guessing at any stage in a particular time it can accept more than 5 wi-fi connection right??

I will give it a go and change my channel from auto to 6. Hopefully it will be more stable

Regards
Posted from HTC 0P6B
Staff

by Staff wsfinest Staff
Message 5 of 6 (1,053 Views)

correct can take more then 5, as stated there is no limit. but the more devices connected over wifi the slower the devices will go.

Shared Wireless Bandwdith

Wireless routers have to split bandwidth between all devices, but it's not a performance issue until all the bandwidth is used up. The only time you'll notice a slowdown is when one or more of the connected devices is running something bandwidth intensive. For example, five users browsing the Web and checking email will probably not be enough traffic to slow down connections; however, two users streaming high-definition video content over the network may consume all available bandwidth and cause the network to slow down.

Frequent Poster

Message 6 of 6 (1,027 Views)

Hi wsfinest 

Thank you for your response, now i know that as a start that this modem can support a lot of devices... 

I am actually NOT TO WORRY about the speed of my internet connection. I am more concern on the reason why my modem keeps on not accepting my wi-fi connection when one or the other computer have been switch on...

As suggested, I will change the Wi-fi channel and see how it goes for the next couple of weeks...

thank you very much

kind regards

Jacky

Stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 2 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today