Not allowed fibre UFB because I have cable

Frequent Poster

Not allowed fibre UFB because I have cable

by Frequent Poster BoyClutha Frequent Poster
Message 1 of 3 (268 Views)

I'm a Wellington cable customer - unlimited broadband, Vodafone TV and landline.  I've been with TelstraClear since the early days and stuck with them when VF bought them.

I just called to ask about getting fibre-based UFB - I know it's available in my street as my neighbour got it last week.

I was told I couldn't have fibre because I am on Vodafone cable. If I was a new customer or on ADSL/VDSL, no problem.  But cable? No, sorry, you stick with cable.  Not what I wanted to hear.

Yes, I already have good download speed most of the time - 50 mbps is my plan and I'm often about 40.  My upload speed is the maximum 2 mbps provided on cable - definitely an issue for my cloud uploads.  I want that 20 mbps upload that is standard on fibre.  I'd also like that free boost to 100 mbps download speed that VF is offering for the next 12 months and the $10 discount.

But no, I can't have those improvements because I'm already a cable broadband customer.  Is that fair?

Looks like the only way I can get fibre is to move to one of the many other providers who would gladly take my business.

Anyone else struck this response from Vodafone ?

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Not allowed fibre UFB because I have cable

by Senior Contributor shadow Senior Contributor
Message 2 of 3 (263 Views)

Pretty much everyone on the Cable network, if Cable is available then no Fibre

Only option is to find a new ISP if you want fibre

Frequent Poster

Re: Not allowed fibre UFB because I have cable

by Frequent Poster BoyClutha Frequent Poster
Message 3 of 3 (239 Views)

Yes, Shadow, I fear you may be right.  Man Indifferent

Service providers like telecoms, banks and power companies collectively squander huge resources trying to win back the customers they lost through neglecting them.  As a group they focus so little energy on keeping their existing customers happy, so first we moan and then we leave.

I'm sure I won't be the only cable customer who is incensed by this policy. Cat Mad

Stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 47w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today