New modem, now internet is slow and unstable

Starter Poster

Re: New modem, now internet is slow and unstable

by sinus Starter Poster
Message 11 of 16 (688 Views)
Another update: still the same.

Had to restart DSL every couple of hours. No feedback from vodafone aside from the replies in this thread for a couple of weeks now. I sent my email as a PM but i see nothing being done so far. Quite a disappointment. Modem is supposed to be new.
Posted from Samsung SM-G900I
Starter Poster

by sinus Starter Poster
Message 12 of 16 (656 Views)

And another update. I just restarted about 5 times this evening.

Still the same. 

If the service is very unsafisfactory, am I still bound with the contract with you guys? Clearly, this thread has been here for 5 weeks now and is still not resolved.

Starter Poster

by Pele23 Starter Poster
Message 13 of 16 (532 Views)

Have you tried ringing them????? I am having the same problem with reseting recently, it has only just started over the last 2 weeks ever since Fibre was put in my street....are you using the Huawei HG659??

Starter Poster

by sinus Starter Poster
Message 14 of 16 (505 Views)

Ringing them? I would just be asked to restart my modem, check the configs, etc. I have done all of that. I have been pretty with them.

Every day, I had to "restart PPPOE several times. Login to web admin > Internet > Restart PPPOE..

I'm not even getting a reply here anymore. Seems they just ingoring me now. 

I'm using HG659...

I even tried to turn off UPNP and played around with different settings and letting it run for several days just to test it out. BUT no success.

I can't get even straight answer from them that it is the modem that is problematic. If it is then AT LEAST I can buy my own modem and have no more problems. Right now, for 6 **bleep**ing weeks, I have been trying **bleep** out and loosing my hair over this.

A few weeks ago, they also had fibre setup on my neighbours. Not on my drive yet since one didn't sign the consent. 

What can we do about this? Calling won't help. That is why I'm posting in this public forum at least it gets attention - but seems that it's not still.

Vodafone Ninja

by Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja
Message 15 of 16 (478 Views)

Hey Sinus

I have sent you a private message. 

Thanks

Michael

Highlighted
Starter Poster

by sinus Starter Poster
Message 16 of 16 (454 Views)

Okay, just an update. I have asked Vodafone if they have done anything on their side but don't have any replies yet. Could be they have done it.

But my last config change was to disable the Firewall in the modem. After that, I have not restarted anything in the last couple of days.

disabled firewall

Stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 48w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 5 Contributors