Netflix US Not Connecting

Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

Netflix US Not Connecting

by crystalmatrix Starter Poster
Message 1 of 8 (1,451 Views)

Help please!

I have a good vdsl connection as a satisfied Vodafone customer. I have been connecting to Netflix US without any problem for several months using an unblocking service.

For the last three days whenever I attempt to connect with Netflix US the attempt times out with the browser indicating that the site is not responding quickly enough. This is not an unblocking service problem. All other internet activity is normal and connecting to other unblocked sites isn't a problem.

I have spent a lot of time changing my system to reach other Netflix sites. This has been initially successful but on a second visit the same thing happens with a failure to connect to the Netflix site.

Connection with the NZ Netflix site remains normal. That would be fine except I have exhausted what I want to watch on the NZ site - hence I remain a subscriber but have been viewing Netflix via the US.

I can only wonder if this connection problem has to do with the ISP? Are other readers having the same problem? Could someone at Vodafone look into it? Does anybody have a helpful suggestion?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Starter Poster

Re: Netflix US Not Connecting

Message 8 of 8 (2,611 Views)

Thanks for reporting back Mike!

Great that you are able to get through to the Netflix US help page. I've now tried the same link again AND interesting - I get through!!! This is mysterious but excellent. I am also now again able to view Netflix US via an unblocking service.

Let's hope that this is now a stable situation and whatever or whoever it was was behind the problem lets well alone from hereon. If a 'someone' was responsible for rectifying the situation and they just happen to read this post - please know that I am very grateful - and no doubt there are others who feel similar.

How is it now for you Liam?

Crystal

View solution in original post

Solution
Accepted by topic author crystalmatrix
‎04-08-2016 09:10 AM

All Replies
Starter Poster

by Leeham Starter Poster
Message 2 of 8 (1,428 Views)

Hi Crystal,

Seems like we are having the same problem... When I try access US Netflix I encounter  'failed to open page' almost instantly which is odd considering that it was working fine only a few days ago. When I turn off the unblocker (uflix), NZ netflix will load without any hitches. I have contacted uFlix and they are confident that their service is working fine which leads me to believe that it is an ISP related issue (I hope is not the case)... Hopfully someone from Vodafone can shed some light on the issue. 

Cheers, 

Liam

Community Manager

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 3 of 8 (1,425 Views)

@Leeham@crystalmatrix

Not an ISP-related issue, check on the Netflix site as they have been making a number of changes to their global service, especially with regard to unblocker services.

Mike

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Starter Poster

Message 4 of 8 (1,403 Views)

Thanks Leeham and Mike for your responses.

I've now used a friend's computer with a different ISP (spark). The same time out error problem with Netflix occurs! At first a connection is made but then on a second attempt the connection. I'm no longer inclined to wonder if this was an ISP issue.

Netflix NZ is ok. The most likely explanation for what is happening is that the techies at Netflix have managed to block inter-territorial use of Netflix by directly manipulating the international network. This will be very difficult for unblocking services to counteract I suspect. The full picture will only gradually emerge because all players in this domain keep things very close to their chest.

Does anyone have solid thoughts regarding a potential solution?

Crystalmatrix

Starter Poster

by Leeham Starter Poster
Message 5 of 8 (1,390 Views)

Hi Steve / Crystal,

Thanks for the replies. Oddly enough I have gone to my parents house who are on 2degress (formerly Snap) and low-and-behold uFlix works and allows me to acess US netflix. Seems weird that two different ISPs are giving different results. It would be good to what happens on other providers, especially those who do not offer TV steaming services... It seems timely that it stops working following the SKY and Vodafone merger... Anyway, that is enough speculation for tonight... 

Cheers,

Liam

Starter Poster

Message 6 of 8 (1,371 Views)

Liam - Your experience suggests that the problem hasn't originated with Netflix. So far we have it that Netflix US times out in the browser when attempting to connect via Vodafone and Spark but not 2Degrees! There is something very odd here.

I invite any readers of these posts who are connected via Vodafone or Spark (or another ISP) to attempt to connect to any Netflix US page and report in with their experience. For instance - in Mike's post a couple of days ago he included a link to the Netflix US help page https://help.netflix.com/en/node/277 - this link times out in my browser (tried both Chrome and IE) as do all other attempts to reach Netflix US. There is no problem reaching Netflix NZ.

Mike - are you able to get through using the link that you provided? If so, do you have any idea why both Liam and I can't?

Let's also hear from others please.

Cheers,

Crystal

Community Manager

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 7 of 8 (1,345 Views)

@crystalmatrix@Leeham

Very odd as I can get to the link from work and from home?

m

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Highlighted
Starter Poster

Message 8 of 8 (2,612 Views)

Thanks for reporting back Mike!

Great that you are able to get through to the Netflix US help page. I've now tried the same link again AND interesting - I get through!!! This is mysterious but excellent. I am also now again able to view Netflix US via an unblocking service.

Let's hope that this is now a stable situation and whatever or whoever it was was behind the problem lets well alone from hereon. If a 'someone' was responsible for rectifying the situation and they just happen to read this post - please know that I am very grateful - and no doubt there are others who feel similar.

How is it now for you Liam?

Crystal

Solution
Accepted by topic author crystalmatrix
‎04-08-2016 09:10 AM
Stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 42w ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 3 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today