My landline is not working.

Highlighted
Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

My landline is not working.

by ilenewilson Starter Poster
Message 1 of 13 (1,550 Views)

My landline has been out of order since last Thursday 14 May. I phoned help line but wait time was 45 minutes. I am not prepared to waste that amount of money sitting waiting on my cell phome for someone to answer!!!! I tried several times with no success - the wait time was always at least 15 minutes. So I sent an email from your contact page, was sent an acknowledgement and then - silence!! What is happening in there? I need someone to get in touch so this issue can be resolved.

Ilene Wilson

Accepted Solutions
Retired Staff

Re: My landline is not working.

by Retired Staff Dylan Retired Staff
Message 8 of 13 (2,163 Views)

Hi Ilene

One of my brilliant colleagues Zane has looked into that and replied to your email with more details.

Thanks

Dylan

View solution in original post

Solution
Accepted by topic author ilenewilson
‎03-10-2015 04:33 AM

All Replies
Starter Poster

by heikmeister Starter Poster
Message 2 of 13 (1,536 Views)

Mine has been down for a month, never got a confirmation email but after about 2 weeks got a message on my cellphone saying it was someone from vodafone (call centre overseas) and they wanted to ask some questions about my landline, left no return number and never heard a thing since! I guess they think thats enough.

Its a real problem because my home alarm has been unmonitored as well!

Good luck

Starter Poster

Message 3 of 13 (1,519 Views)

Yes well that doesnt fill me with confidence that's for sure. I'll keep at it for awhile then will possible change providers. This is just not good enough. Thanks for your feedback.

Retired Staff

Message 4 of 13 (1,513 Views)

Hi Ilene

Do you have the email reference number please? I'll check the progress on it.

Thank you

Dylan

Starter Poster

Message 5 of 13 (1,494 Views)

Sorry Dylan I do not havean email reference number! I had problems with your site email system (maybe it was me!) and had no time to even look for any thing like that. Sorry. I sure hope that doesn't affect the time it takes to get this issue dealt with!! I am not a happy person at the moment....except for the fact at least I have had a response. Thankyou.

Retired Staff

Message 6 of 13 (1,491 Views)

The reference number should be in in the acknowledgement email, it will look like 1505xx-xxxxxx. If you have that I can avoid the situation being double handled and it will probably already contain all the needed info. Alternately please send me a private message with your account and contact details and I can ask the tech support team to look into it.

Starter Poster

Message 7 of 13 (1,473 Views)

Got it! Ref number is 150518-001023. This is for the second email I sent.

The FIRST email ref no is 150515-005908 which was sent on 14 May.

Thanks.

Ilene

Retired Staff

Message 8 of 13 (2,164 Views)

Hi Ilene

One of my brilliant colleagues Zane has looked into that and replied to your email with more details.

Thanks

Dylan

Solution
Accepted by topic author ilenewilson
‎03-10-2015 04:33 AM
Starter Poster

Message 9 of 13 (1,407 Views)

Good morning. In response to your request - yes I did get a solution to the problem. Am I satsified - emphatic NO. The tech guy came at the appointed time. Checked everything and discovered, by phoning base, that my phone had been blocked!!! and when anyone rang me they received a message "I'm sorry this number is not allowed to receive calls". My phone bill was totally up to date, and they could not give me any explanation as to why this had happened. I am deeply shocked and disappointed that Vodafone could block my phone without telling me.I feel that message has a slightly sinister tone to it - what had I done for this to happen to my phone??? Of course had I been able to get someone to actually speak to at Vodafone it could have been sorted easily I imagine. However, the wait times on the help line is totally unacceptable (up to 45 minutes wait!). My time is precious too!!

My challenge to you is - I would like you to please contact me by phone an explain to me exactly what happened and why! I have been a loyal customer of Vodafone right from Saturn days and I can't help wondering if you're wanting to get rid of us "old timers" so you can spend time looking after your target audience, which is a lot younger than I am! I shall be looking at alternative providers this week if I can't get any satisfaction from Vodafone.

Regards

Ilene 

Retired Staff

Message 10 of 13 (1,398 Views)

Hi Ilene

I've submitted a request asking for you to be called.

Thank you

Dylan

Stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 4 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today