Lose Internet daily on FibreX

New Poster

Re: Lose Internet daily on FibreX

by andrewwitham New Poster
Message 31 of 51 (886 Views)
I'm having the same issues since the upgrade to FibreX. Three times I have now called Vodafone ninja's. The drop out is a at least a once daily event. Yesterday (Sunday) I spent 30 minutes on hold so I could log the fault. Like the others here, my connection used to be rock solid for months on end. Not happy at all. Using my phone to type this message because the internet is down and I can't be bothered to go downstairs and watch a modem and router reboot for 10 minutes.
Posted from Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
Starter Poster

by MartySmallman Starter Poster
Message 32 of 51 (869 Views)

Im in Christchurch and I'm having this issue as well. I wouldn't say frequent but definitely regular (like once a day over heavy use days - weekends when kids are all streaming/gaming etc.) And perhaps once every few days on other not so heavy ussage days.

I have the technicolor modem and a HG659 vodafone supplied router. We recently ugraded from the 50Mb service to the 200Mb service to try resolve these issues that occured before the upgrade. However it's somewhat better but definitely not fixed.

It's frequent enough that it is annoying as hell when the kids yell out "Dad the internets broken AGAIN!!!"

How do we go about fixing this. Everything on my local side of the network continues to work but the internet is gone until a power cycle of both the cable modem and router have been done.

Starter Poster

Message 33 of 51 (869 Views)

To get rid of the internet is unavailable message you simply need to disable IPV6. It says internet is unavailable because it fails to establish an IPV6 connection.

Once you do that it displays "Connected" etc...

Starter Poster

[ Edited ]
Message 34 of 51 (865 Views)

@MikeHales Can we get some indication of when christchurch cabinets are having this issue fixed. For exact location my acct: no is [Removed].

Community Manager

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 35 of 51 (856 Views)

@MartySmallman

Will ask the question - I know the programme is going on now but don't have cabinet detail.

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Highlighted
Starter Poster

by MarkPeach Starter Poster
Message 36 of 51 (820 Views)

Experienced another outage last night around 9:30pm...seemed to be the same type I'd had before. Wa up again in the monring. All the lights are on the modem but no connection. Didn't bother calling vf service desk, and didn't bother powering off and then on as it doesn't help. Also this is similar to the issues I've been experiencing before, so assume the Static IP isn't a short term solution as the technicians had advised. sigh.

New Poster

by waitingforfibre New Poster
Message 37 of 51 (797 Views)

Experiencing the same issues ever since I "upgraded" to Fibrex.

It drops out at various times of the day, sometimes not at all, sometimes frequently.

At times it's a little annoying at other times it's downright unusable.

I was very happy with my old cable service so expected this to be an improvement.

Very disappointed with FibreX, I've successfully persuaded a few people to not bother using it and stick with the older cable service.

At this stage I'm just waiting for proper fibre to be introduced in our area.

New Poster

by kapiti_nigel New Poster
Message 38 of 51 (754 Views)

Hi, I found this post by googling "fibre-x drops connection regularly" ! ... seems to be the same issue as everyone else.

Had been on the 130/10 cable plan for years with no issues at all... then upgraded to the 200/20 fibre-x with new cable modem and router, then started experiencing issues with IP address when it was renewed every sunday night which seemed to hang the conenction the next day until router was restarted , so went to a fixed IP address a few weeks back, now getting the regular - lights are all green but no connection type situation again ... as soon as i restart the cable modem its fine ......

Would be very keen for a permanant fix

Starter Poster

by JoshuaJoe Starter Poster
Message 39 of 51 (313 Views)

Would just like to add my frustrations as well, we got FibreX installed a few weeks back and since we've been having frequent disconnects with our modem, not the router. Usually rebooting the modem only brings back the connection, and rebooting the router doesn't do anything if the modem isn't rebooted too. Happens with the stock Vodafone router provided too, wired or wireless. I'm out of options here, so a fix would be greatly appreciated.

Starter Poster

by MikeHarvey47 Starter Poster
Message 40 of 51 (305 Views)

Following problems I got an engineer to call who confirmed problem was not at the house but up the line somewhere and said it should be fixed in a week or so.  This does seem to have happenned, the service is much more reliable in the last week and I am not suffering from those daily drop-outs any more

Stats
  • 50 Replies
  • 32w ago
  • 6 Kudos
  • 10 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today