by fredA Starter Poster
Message 22 of 47 (1,090 Views)

I have a silcon pad under mine.

fredA

Starter Poster

Re: Lose Internet daily on FibreX

by MikeHarvey47 Starter Poster
Message 23 of 47 (1,064 Views)

Still dropping out frequently (&hot modem)

New Poster

by flashgordonnz New Poster
Message 24 of 47 (1,049 Views)

Hi, also having drop-outs... but no where near as bad as when Downer were replacing power poles in my area, then they were installing Chorus fibre on the poles in my area (Ngaio Wellington). 

So now down to a drop-out only once every few days.

Highlighted
Starter Poster

by MarkPeach Starter Poster
Message 25 of 47 (1,026 Views)

Yes, been having the same issues for some 4 weeks. At one point every night. 2 VF technicians have visited and confimed connection my side is fine. They have both said that its a known VF FibreX network issue, and the suggested approach was to ask for a Static IP address. Had another outage last night ... called VF ... the usual run around, and eventually got transfered to billing. Asked for static IP address ...  and they wanted to charge me $4.50 per month for fixing their issue. Cough...YOU HAD BETTER NOT BILL ME VF!

Will post if this works.

Other comments:

1. Service desk is really helpful and sympathic ... thank-you
  2. Touch points, including technicians, service desk, billing seem incredibly disconnected
  3. Lack of awareness around the Fibre X issues ... two different technicians knew of the issue and were aware its impact to multiple users. Service desk didn't know a thing about it
  4. Provide static IP addresses at no charge (if its the temporary solution) ... until you fix your network
  5. FibreX, this issue aside, seems a lot more fragile than I experienced on ADSL+. Frequent regional outages.
  6. When I call service desk they can see timeouts ... why are these not being proactively monitored ... then you could send me a txt saying hey, we see you've got a problem, no need to call us, we'll call you.

Overall FibreX seems a great product when it works. VF ... please fix the outages.

Starter Poster

by barefootguru Starter Poster
Message 26 of 47 (1,024 Views)

Vodafone over Twitter said was problem at their end (not my modem) and would send tech out to visit cabinet… assured me I didn't need to be home.  Yesterday while I was out a tech phoned saying he'd be over in 20.  It's a litany of incompetence.

- why aren't they monitoring for errors in their network?

- why can't they assign a case and be proactive about solving it?

- this is happening to multiple customers, surely it deserves a technical investigation?

New Poster

by stevegnz New Poster
Message 27 of 47 (1,015 Views)

Just got off the phone with a Vodafone FibreX "expert" who advised that several nodes around Wellington are experiencing intermittent outages.

His explanation was that they were sending technicians to investigate the nodes and work out what was causing the problem.

They don't put it up on the outages page because it isn't a full outage.

Community Manager

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 28 of 47 (1,011 Views)

It's a known issue and the team are actively working on it, some rollouts have happened this week and more will keep happening. Apologies for outages.

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Starter Poster

Message 29 of 47 (1,004 Views)

Can you confirm what I have been told, and that a temporary/ immediate fix is to allocate static IP addresses to those that are impacted? And VF will not charge if it is a recommended approach please?

Starter Poster

Message 30 of 47 (952 Views)

Another short outage over the weekend, which I suspect was regional and weather based. Static IP in operation and no dropouts as yet. Suspect there are regional faults as well as the drop outs referenced by the two VF technicians that have visited. The regional outages I can see on the modem as the lights go off. The dropouts are where the modems lights stay on but on the other end they see timeouts, and I have no connection.

Would be good to get some official word please.

Thx

Stats
  • 46 Replies
  • 20w ago
  • 6 Kudos
  • 10 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today