Lose Internet daily on FibreX

Starter Poster

Lose Internet daily on FibreX

by barefootguru Starter Poster
Message 1 of 47 (1,394 Views)

Since upgrading from WarpSpeed to FibreX, my connection to the Internet will drop out about once a day — my home network is fine, but no devices can connect to the Internet.  Usually the only fix is to cycle power on the cable modem, though occasionally connectivity will return of its own accord.

Talked to 3 'ninjas' who haven't been particularly knowledgable or helpful.

FWIW The router status page always says 'Internet is unavailable', even when everything is working.

How can I get this resolved?

Starter Poster

Re: Lose Internet daily on FibreX

[ Edited ]
by MarkRobertSharp Starter Poster
Message 2 of 47 (1,338 Views)

Same here dude ..

Maybe once 1 week or so I might lose the Online light on modem or alternatively the link speeddrops down to next to nothing.. like 3 mbps down 0.3 up something like that.. Im on full GB plan so sucks really..

Usually its my kids that spot it as things start timing out ..

I cycle the modem and that seems to fix it ... till the next time..

Im seriously thinking about logging fault with VF ..

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Message 3 of 47 (1,328 Views)

My sympathies Mark.  There's a few other posts in here too.

I've had a couple of instances where speed drops to almost 0, but usually it's out completely.

'Ninjas' have suggested rubbish like too many devices connected to the Internet, Wi-Fi interference, bad IP address…

Unfortunately Vodafone is *currently* the only high-speed provider in my street.

Community Manager

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 4 of 47 (1,324 Views)

@barefootguru

Sorry about the dropouts, can you DM your details and I'll ask our network guys to have a look.

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Starter Poster

by eichler Starter Poster
Message 5 of 47 (1,282 Views)

Hi All

I've just registered on the forum because I have exactly the same issue.

We're on FibreX 200 and the connection drops multiple times in a day. I'm currently using the internet hotspot on my phone as our internet is down and I can't be bothered to go and power cycle the modem again. When the internet works it is very fast - 200/20 as advertised. However, the connection drops out A LOT. 

I originally had the Technicolour Modem plugged into an Ubiquiti EdgeRouter (configured with VLAN 10 etc). This router plugs into a 24 port gigabit ethernet switch with PoE. I then have a ubiquiti wireless AP and quite a few networked devices. The router is also the DHCP server. The only non standard device is a file server with a bonded dual gigabit NIC running Ubuntu Server. I was previously on vodafone 50 cable with exactly the same LAN setup. The old internet connection was rock solid. 

I've spoken to technical support 3 times about this issue. To be fair, they have all been helpful but the issue has not been fixed. On the first call, I was told to unplug the coaxial cable from the modem, wait and then plug it back in. This does bring the connection back up but it is hardly acceptable to have to do this over 10 times in one day.

On the second phonecall, I was told to swap my router for the vodafone provided unit and ring back if there were still issues.

On the third phonecall, after swapping the router for the Huawei HG659 unit, we reset the modem back to factory defaults and power cycled both units. The connection came back as expected and I was told to uplug all of my network devices and just leave a laptop connected to the switch via ethernet. I was given a mobile number to text if the connection dropped. I've sent a few messages over the weekend but I got bored because the connection dropped so many times.

What I have seen from the router web pages is that the WAN interface has no IP address. Sometimes, the connection recovers without intervention but this is not frequent. The problem occurs with two different routers. The internet connection can be brought back by either disconnecting the coaxial cable or power cycling the modem.

I currently regret "upgrading" to FibreX. Can anyone help me sort this issue?

Cheers

Starter Poster

by pras_nz Starter Poster
Message 6 of 47 (1,259 Views)
Hi folks,

I am having the same issue with my Fibrex 200 connection. Been on this service for a week now and I think I have had more dropout days than up

@MikeHales - could you please assist?
Posted from Apple iPhone
Starter Poster

Message 7 of 47 (1,239 Views)

I DM'd Mike and pointed out there's 3 others on this thread with identical symptoms.

Community Manager

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 8 of 47 (1,225 Views)

Thanks for the messages - the networks team are across the issue and a fix, if not already rolled out, will be very soon.

Sorry about the breaks in service.

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Starter Poster

by MikeHarvey47 Starter Poster
Message 9 of 47 (1,202 Views)

Exactly same problem here on FibreX200  following "upgrade" from UltraFast Cable 50 on former Telstra static IP connection that was pretty rock solid.  Its a little frustrating.  Look forward to the fix roll out Mike Hales

Starter Poster

by fredA Starter Poster
Message 10 of 47 (1,197 Views)

I have also upgraded from Warpspeed to FibreXmax, the faster speed is great, but I also have internet drop outs that are usually  fixed by turning the modem off/on, but sometimes need to do that with the router and my laptop as well.  It is very annoying after a pretty rock solid cable connection before.  

fredA

Stats
  • 46 Replies
  • 20w ago
  • 6 Kudos
  • 10 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today