Long wait for network activation with FIbre

New Poster

Long wait for network activation with FIbre

by Swise New Poster
Message 1 of 3 (125 Views)

Hi, 

Just moved into a flat which has Fibre already installed (ONT box has both green lights on)  and have signed up with Vodafone for their fibre service. The vodafone modem has arrived and is all set up. 

Everywhere I've read says that activation should be fast when you already have fibre installed, but I've been told that I need to wait over a week for a technician to come and activate it. Is this normal?

Thanks in advance. 

Expert Contributor

Re: Long wait for network activation with FIbre

by Expert Contributor Expert Contributor
Message 2 of 3 (121 Views)

Swise wrote:

Hi, 

Just moved into a flat which has Fibre already installed (ONT box has both green lights on)  and have signed up with Vodafone for their fibre service. The vodafone modem has arrived and is all set up. 

Everywhere I've read says that activation should be fast when you already have fibre installed, but I've been told that I need to wait over a week for a technician to come and activate it. Is this normal?

Thanks in advance. 

A week? That sounds very reasonable. Any tradesman would probably take up to a week to do any work on a property also.

Highlighted
Staff

Re: Long wait for network activation with FIbre

by Staff MsChaoticX Staff
Message 3 of 3 (113 Views)

Hey Swise

Usually when you move into a property a technician doesn't need to come out.

If you have provided us with the ONT serial number we can probably bring the activation date forward.

Please click my name and private message me the details including ONT serial and acc details and will see if I can do something for you Smiley Happy

-Becka

Trained in the art of assassinating your tech issues ~ Official Vodafone Ninja
Stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 10w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today