Improving home network

Starter Poster

Improving home network

by Devo Starter Poster
Message 1 of 3 (264 Views)

@johnr I've tagged you as you seem super helpful on other threads!

I'm in a rural area with ADSL broadband (Top speed of 7MPS according to chorus website). Currently we have a vodafone station for modem. Our connection is pretty crummy, drops in and out frequently and range is limited. Will a better modem/router improve anything for us, or is it just the nature of what is available due to the rural setting?

Highlighted
Ninja Master

Re: Improving home network

[ Edited ]
by Ninja Master Ninja Master Ninja Master
Message 2 of 3 (259 Views)

@DevoPlease review this blog post (link below) The main issue for dropping xDSL connections is poor house wiring

http://www.geekzone.co.nz/sbiddle/8357

If on naked broadband see about getting a master telephone jack point installed and isolate all other Telephone jack points from the master telephone jack point, The modem is plugged into,

If you have a clothed connection (home phone) then get a master filter installed, A new modem will not help if the house wiring is crap as covered in the blog, Then all line filters can be removed

John

I volunteer my time here on the community helping out, Not an official member of the social media team

John Reader | Systems Engineer | Vodafone NZ | +6421323505

To ask me a question directly here on the community post @johnr so I get an email advising me
Starter Poster

Re: Improving home network

by Devo Starter Poster
Message 3 of 3 (255 Views)

Much appreciated, John. Many thanks.

Stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 21w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today