If I change to another ISP, can I keep all my aliased email addresses and if so, at what cost?

Highlighted
Regular Poster

If I change to another ISP, can I keep all my aliased email addresses and if so, at what cost?

by Regular Poster 021408309 Regular Poster
Message 1 of 2 (276 Views)

I have several kids, all of whom have email addresses aliased to our main Vodafone ihug email address. There are about 6 aliases. If I change ISP, can I keep all of these email address aliases and what is the cost and how do I go about doing it?

Thanks.

Frequent Poster

Re: If I change to another ISP, can I keep all my aliased email addresses and if so, at what cost?

by Frequent Poster David79 Frequent Poster
Message 2 of 2 (249 Views)

Hi, when I briefly moved to another provider (due to an unresolved terrible copper connection), Vodafone kept my clear.net address alive via the ‘MailPlus’ service. It cost $5/month invoiced in the usual way and on a Direct Debit.

I imagine they provide a similar service for the other managed mail provided.

Certainly a lifesaver not having to move mail address after 12+ years using the same account.

Just make sure your new ISP can allow you to port outgoing mail through their servers.

I arranged everything via email to the following address:

Vodafone Customer Care <nzconsumer.support@vodafone.com>

One of the reasons for returning to Vodafone is the other ISP suddenly without warning blocked outgoing mail through its servers to any other host on the dubious grounds that it prevents spam broadcasting.

They offered another mail server as a fix but within months that closed down too.

(Shameless plug follows: I’ve been more than content since returning to VF including the way the process was handled during the subsequent switch to fibre from copper)

Stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1y ago
  • 2 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today