Huawei HG659 - laptop won't find

New Poster

Huawei HG659 - laptop won't find

by CoreyHinde New Poster
Message 1 of 4 (541 Views)

G'day.

We have had fibre at home here in Tauranga for around 3 weeks now.  All laptops and phones have connected very easily, no problems at all.  We've got the HG659 router.

As of today, and today only, our 2 laptops no longer will find the signal on our list of wifi signals...... just gone.  Phones and tablets are still fine.

Any suggestions?  Cheers, Corey.

Vodafone Ninja

Re: Huawei HG659 - laptop won't find

by Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja
Message 2 of 4 (511 Views)

Hi Corey!

Thanks for your message here and sorry it's taken a while to respond. Could be a number of things that's caused it but the easiest thing to test is(Seeing as it's happened seemingly out of the blue) is to restart the modem and all the affected devices, should that not work, you'll need to go into the modem and check the configuration settings for the wifi. For details on how to do that, check this link here: http://community.vodafone.co.nz/t5/Modems-Wi-Fi/Read-Me-Changing-Wi-Fi-channels-on-a-Vodafone-wirele...

Let us know how you get on! Smiley Happy

Regards,
^Zane Cat Happy

cpm
New Poster

by cpm New Poster
Message 3 of 4 (429 Views)

I'm having the same problem, it's crazy, all devices at my house can connect without a problem except mine... 

I took my computer to other places and it connects normally, it's just here at my place that is not finding the wifi signal (it does finds the neighbours')

The posted link doesn't say much but to change the wifi channels

Any other solution? 

Thanks 

Vodafone Ninja

by Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja
Message 4 of 4 (422 Views)

@cpm

Can you login to the modem and make sure the 2.4 and 5Ghz networks are named differently, then check on your devices that are working and see if you can see both of them, or just the 2.4Ghz one.

It sounds like there could be an issue with the 2.4Ghz one, which is the only one your laptop supports. 

If you can't see the 2.4Ghz one, try a factory reset, and if still no luck after that, call the technical support team who can arrange a replacement.

- Sam

I work for Vodafone, supporting our mobile and fixed customers, and volunteer my time on the community.

PM = Private Message. Click on my name to send me a message.
Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 31w ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 4 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today