Frustrations I have with Vodafone

Highlighted
New Poster

Frustrations I have with Vodafone

by AnneRead New Poster
Message 1 of 4 (515 Views)

Hi Vodafone. We have been loyal customers of yours for over 20 years and have until the last 12 months been very satisfied with the service we have received. Let me tell you about our last 12 months worth of service and see if this facebook comment will get things done, which over 30 hours of phone calls and numerous follow ups still haven't. February 2015 a cold call at our front door from a sales person representing vodafone knocked on our door and asked if we wanted fibre internet (I think that it was it is called, my kids laugh at my technical internet abilities - particularly when I think our daughter could use our wifi while she was living at Otago University and we were still in Auckland! - trust me apparently that never gets old and is still brought up around the family dinner table). We said yes that would be great, the sales rep then took all our details and said we had to change phone numbers and we did what we were told to do and took the additional services that you offered (which I will let you guys sort out as to what that was - which we have now lost and given up on because of your service!). Everything went fine for a while and we were contented little users until we get a written demand for unpaid services from vodafone and told that our internet would be cut off if we didn't pay. I immediately rang your 777 number to sort it out explained our story to your Manila call centre and paid our overdue amount, although explaining that two payments were being taken from our account by direct debit as authorised and was told that their accounts department would sort it and this wouldn't happen again (which we trusted - silly us!). It took you a week to reinstate the internet (for a fault that wasn't ours!) and we carried on our merry way paying your bills and getting a service until three months later you provided us with yet another written demand saying that we hadn't paid our internet bill, again I rang 777 (and if you listen to your recorded calls - you will no doub thear the frustration in my voice after spending not 1, not 2, not 3 but over 4 hours of phone call time together with speaking to different people, getting the run about and being told that the person last time didn't sort the account out that the direct debit we had signed hadn't been loaded but "sorry" (and boy was that word overused!) it won't happen again, just pay the amount outstanding send another direct credit and they will sort it out - (I know ye of little faith - we trusted them that they would do it right the next time - I know you are smiling - silly us!) - again we lost the internet for over a week, were told after many follow up calls that yes it would be sorted we were on a priority cue and would have our services back asap. At this stage we had given up on the "extra service" they have offered us through another provider (I will let you work out what that was and what it cost us!!) and when the internet came back on told the kids that yes we paid our bills on time and no it wasn't our fault, yes vodafone apologised, not it wouldn't happen again etc. Again we carried on our merry way, until two weeks ago, Monday, 28 March 2016 when I received our third demand for unpaid internet services - this time for $641.00 (of which over $200 was for penalties for unpaid services!). This time, instead of leaving the accounts to the husband (who is not technically phobic like I am, but is responsible for this part of our relationship - I took responsibility - just as an aside my husband works in a call centre and is very good at his job and has never once lost patience with the Manila call centre (although I have put the phone down and screamed with frustration (not at the person but at the events!!) and he has remained kind and polite throughout) - in fact this last week I have gone to two different providers wanting to change our account but hubby has said - they will sort it this time and they will deal with it - silly him, silly me!) I rang the call centre and yes I got the Manila team again, a lovely gentleman called "Erald" who politely apologised and said that if I paid the overdue amount he would sort it it - he even kindly!!!! offered not to charge us penalties. I said no I wasn't going to pay the overdue amount becuase everytime we did that nothing changed, while Erald was on the phone I looked at our bills (which are stored on the computer!) and saw that we had four accounts (one of which wasn't ours and had been a stuff up from vodafone but was in credit for $3.27) one account was for cellphones that the sales rep a year ago had told us would be cancelled, but we had faithfully paid again for over a year and one was for our new cellphones (and on one account somehow vodafone charged us for five phones in one month!!) and then the (by now famously unpaid, internet account - for which we had now signed and sent three direct credit forms to be paid from which had never been instigated). The long and short of which was that vodafone owed us almost $1,000.00 and Erald promised me that he would deal with this in an urgent manner, arrange for a credit to be transferred to the internet account (becuase the mobile team and the internet team are separate and this became our problem how!) and yes you guessed it we would not be cut off. I come home on Tuesday from work hoping that there would be an email from Erald saying that he had arranged the transfer and that one of the many direct credits we had signed for the internet was now uploaded and this wouldn't happen again. Of course that was not the situation we were CUT OFF yet again. I then rang 777 to speak to Erald but of course he was off work (sick or leave or his weekend or something) and spoke Patrick James who also apologies for the service we have received - I am obviously frustrated with this and tell him the whole story because Erald (and the many other people we dealt with before this) hadn't written appropriate file notes and then in my frustration - i told Erald to ring the husband who would talk with him. I have to say at least Patrick James agreed with us and said that we were in credit and that he would get the internet sorted. Hubby said look its easter tomorrow how about we pay the amount outstanding (which I was slicing my throat saying noooooo don't do that) Patrick James said no don't do that we will arrange the credit and esclate this. I don't know what "esclate" means to Vodafone but to me that would mean that someone would sort it urgently. Well let me tell you, urgently doesn't mean tomorrow in Vodafone terms. Phil then asked Patrick James if a senior complaints manager would contact him so that we could lodge a complaint. I get home on Wednesday, no internet, Easter comes and goes - no response, no internet, nothing, nudda. The complaints manager rings Phil Easter Monday night says there will have to be an investigation even though Patrick James has investigated and Marion (the senior complaints manager) comes back to say that yes Vodafone had made a mistake that she had "esclated" the complaint and we would have the internet reinstated urgently. That was Easter Monday, By Sunday the following weekend I said to hubby who was still patient and said shall we ring them and follow them up - he said no Vodafone will sort it - he didn't know at this stage that he was dealing with the Minla team and not New Zealand!) I gave up and rang 777 and asked when we can expect to have the internet back up - I also asked only to speak to the New Zealand call centre - they put me onto some called John (Francis John) in Auckland who told me that there was no manager available that day but that he was the team leader. I then spent an hour on the phone with him and he promised me he would get it sorted and that I could email the complaints manager but he couldn't give me their contact details so he gave me his details so I could email him from work (because we still didn't have the internet) just as he was giving me his details and after being on the phone for over an hour we got cut off. Silly me I gave him time to give me a call back because it would have been the professeional thing to do but after 45 minutes he still hadn't called or texted to advise me of his contact details I tried again. This time I got the internet team in New Zealand who advised that the billing team had credited our account and yet is was now in a health credit but NOBODY had authorised them to reinstate the internet on our account and no he couldn't flick a switch. He said he would take responsibility for it (but he was off work Monday and Tuesday) and not back until Wednesday! Suffice to say that even though that last gentleman, John Francis, Erald, Marion and Patrick James apologising for the inconvenience and esclating this matter we have a substantial credit from Vodafone and no interent - it has now been over two weeks since this fiasco this time started and over a year since the whole mess started. I wonder how long it will take before Vodafone fix this "stuff up" and apologies and refunds our money and looks into the services we have lost becuase of their "service" - A very UNHAPPY and FRUSTRATED (was loyal) CUSTOMER - !!!!!

Vodafone Ninja

Re: Frustrations I have with Vodafone

by Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja
Message 2 of 4 (506 Views)

Hi there, it looks like the team are reading your post on facebook now and will answer you shortly.

Vodafone Social Media Team
New Poster

by RobertBullen New Poster
Message 3 of 4 (490 Views)
I have a very similar issue, mine doesn't span a year but only a month, yet nobody seems to know whats happening or how to fix it. So frustrating to have to re-explain everything to a new person every time because they don't write notes.
Posted from Facebook
New Poster

by Suzfood New Poster
Message 4 of 4 (419 Views)

Just a tip re your long message. It is much easier to read if you break it up into paragraphs. I gave up halfway through with eye fatigue.

Sue

Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 5 Kudos
  • 4 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today