Firmware update for Vodafone wireless modem (HG659)

Community Manager

Firmware update for Vodafone wireless modem (HG659)

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 1 of 17 (4,411 Views)

We are rolling out an upgrade to the Vodafone wireless modem (aka Vodafone HomeHub). This upgrade (version B026) resolves some identified issues and improves stability, performance and usability of the modem.

The firmware release will be deployed automatically to all eligible devices from the start of the month.

If you would like to install the update yourself, the instructions and download link are all in this Vodafone wireless modem FAQ.

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
New Poster

Re: Firmware update for Vodafone wireless modem (HG659)

by Mangetout New Poster
Message 2 of 17 (4,158 Views)

I've got no facility to update the firmware.

I've lost the 2.4ghz network that I rely on for my work. It's just ... gone. My presumption is I need a firmware upgrade, and I've downloaded it for my HG659, but there is nowhere to tell the router to pick it up? Device Management just has Reboot and Restore Factory Settings.

What's happened?

Starter Poster

by SteveMudgway Starter Poster
Message 3 of 17 (4,019 Views)

Lost my 2.4g last night.  Spoke to Voda and they updated my firmware, so 5g and 2.4g work.  But since then the whole modem turns on and off regularly (driving us insane). I hope they have a solution, which doesnt mean losing 2.4g as I too need it for quite a few devices.

Starter Poster

by SteveMudgway Starter Poster
Message 4 of 17 (3,952 Views)

Interesting.  They say they will provide the new Ultra Hub which is good, but as its five days after our one year anniversary of having the HG659, we have to pay postage to get it here.  Now frankly its not much, but as the first modem stopped working within the first 9 months, and a few months ago they replaced that, and now the new modem is playing up only after a few months, I think it is a little rough for us to pay anything on the replacement (as only had for three months)... from the sound of it the hardware is the problem (that Vodafone supplied).

I will be happy to see then back of the old HG659, but find it difficult to be too thrilled having to fork out anything for dodgy hardware!

Starter Poster

by ErronSoon Starter Poster
Message 5 of 17 (2,122 Views)

Hi mate,

I have the same problem, did you figure this out?

Device Management just has Reboot and Restore Factory Settings.

Product type: HG659
Device ID: 00E0FC-S3G7N16301001477
Hardware version: VER.B
Software version: V100R001C206B020
Starter Poster

by aidanw1 Starter Poster
Message 6 of 17 (2,108 Views)

I called up Tech support to complain about the speed degrading if you don't reboot the modem often, and unfortunately was told I have to pay $150 for an ultrahub because I'm not on term Smiley Sad

Has anyone swapped to an ultrahub, is it worth me paying that amount? It doesn't seem excessive, but I just wish Vodafone hadn't sent out such a dud box in the first place.

Starter Poster

[ Edited ]
Message 7 of 17 (803 Views)

I don't use my HG659 for wireless, as it was very unreliable. Currently only configured as a VDSL modem, however even doing that simple task + some port forwarding seems outside of it's capabilities.

Wireless is currently being taken care of by Cisco enterprise grade APs and I'm thinking of replacing the HG659 with a DrayTek DV130...

Which leads me to upgrading the firmware (and this discussion board) as a last ditch effort to keeping the HG659, to my surprise finding that there is no Firmware Upgrade function on my device! Smiley Sad

Community Manager

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 8 of 17 (793 Views)

@ErronSoon

Thanks for the post - steps here: http://help.vodafone.co.nz/app/answers/detail/a_id/24400

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Starter Poster

Message 9 of 17 (785 Views)

Thanks for replying @MikeHales however you must have missed the part where I said that I'm missing the "Firmware Upgrade" option under the Device Management section.

The same problem as @Mangetout raised on ‎16-08-2017 07:59 PM

Starter Poster

by Richie7t9 Starter Poster
Message 10 of 17 (563 Views)

Logged in as Admin user?

Capture.PNG

Stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 18w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 9 Contributors