FibreX modem firmware update

Highlighted
Community Manager

FibreX modem firmware update

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 1 of 3 (782 Views)

Just a quick post to let you know that, we (Vodafone) are in the middle of rolling out some new firmware to the TC4400 cable modem (FibreX customers), expected to be completed by the end of the week. This firmware fixes a few issues, including some related to troubleshooting and stability (i.e. disconnects).

Although this firmware is intended to fix some identified network issues, it's not expected to resolve everything that has been raised. Disconnects can be a symptom of loads of things, from Wi-Fi, to physical cabling, to network, so please continue to log faults - either here or by email - if you're having problems so we can troubleshoot thoroughly.

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Community Manager

Re: FibreX modem firmware update

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 2 of 3 (727 Views)

Just a quick update that all modems have been updated now.

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Starter Poster

Re: FibreX modem firmware update

by Ulairi Starter Poster
Message 3 of 3 (633 Views)
In the last couple of days I have had two disconnects with internet unavailable. This is a couple of weeks after upgrading to FibreX. We are also having problems with stuttering on streaming video on certain internet feeds (but not others).

It is definitely not a problem within the network as we were rock solid on the previous setup and no other hardware has changed.

I'm really unimpressed with FibreX and would like to discuss reverting back to my previous modem.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 47w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors