Fiber (ONT) to Secondary Router

Highlighted
Contributor

Fiber (ONT) to Secondary Router

by Contributor Wizardmaster Contributor
Message 1 of 2 (331 Views)

Hi

When nertwork was crash.    I checked that that Fiber Router (ONT) were fine and no problem and no faulty.     
BUT  I knew....I found that lots times trouble against  Vodafone's HUAWEI Home Gateway  HG659 are piece a SH*T again. 

Because DHCP Server was stop responsed,  I have many computers unable get a DHCP address.  Also  Huawei didn't clear history DHCP after 48 hours.   That why  Huawei keep a until full DHCP address list came freeze system.   I did hard reset a Factory default and setting change wireless, DHCP are disable into my Secondary router.   But....also Huawei is terrible network and very poor signal & strength.    So  I tested in FULL Speed 1Gbps a ethernet between Fiber.  I mention that  Huawei didn't promise speed maximum speed or Vodafone's control speed drop to us.

I wish Vodafone's Huawei threw away the bin,  I bought my own DLINK DSL/Fibre router can connect with Fiber (ONT) router  like Non-vodafone's Huawei router.    But  I confident that my secondary router is super faster & security came very expensive price tags for business only.

So,  Can DLINK gateway router have WAN port get connecting from Fiber (ONT) router ?

Let me know

Mike

Vodafone Ninja

Re: Fiber (ONT) to Secondary Router

by Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja
Message 2 of 2 (296 Views)

Hi,

Yes you can use a third party router for your internet service, however if you've got SIP or VOIP services these may not work. The settings required to get a router working on our fibre network are the following:

Service type: Internet
Connection type: IP Routing
MTU 1500
MSS 0
NAT tpe: NAPT

Link Information
Enable VLAN
VLAN ID 10
802.1p 0

IP Information
IP Protocol version IPv4+IPv6
Addressing type DHCP