Costs associated with switch to voice calling over broadband

Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

Costs associated with switch to voice calling over broadband

by Muriwaisuzi Starter Poster
Message 1 of 4 (402 Views)

Vodafone is switching my home phone service to voice over broadband.  This will necessitate a change to my home alarm system.  Will Vodafone pay the costs associated with this change? If not, why not?

i would appreciate a reply prior to my cutover date of 13 February.

Posted from Apple iPad
Regular Poster

Re: Costs associated with switch to voice calling over broadband

by Regular Poster Alan1 Regular Poster
Message 2 of 4 (540 Views)

Considering vodafone are saving millions of dollars per annum switching customers to VOIP why should'nt they supply free features on the VOIP line such as other providers do. Are you also aware you have the right to refuse to switch to voip especially if you are in a contract.

Community Manager

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 3 of 4 (284 Views)

@Muriwaisuzi

We won't cover the costs associated with the change to your house alarm but if you don't want to make the change, you can contact us to opt out of the upgrade.

Who is your alarm provider?

Cheers

Mike

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Highlighted
Starter Poster

by Muriwaisuzi Starter Poster
Message 4 of 4 (186 Views)

Hi Mike,

I appreciate your prompt reply.  I find the answer disappointing as Vodafone and Spark will both benefit financially through the move off old expensive PSTN equipment, and none of this saving is being passed to the consumer.

Opting out of the switch is not a viable alternative in the long term, and not desirable in the short term, as we are continually having problems with our voice line currently and I am hoping that the move to Voice our Broadband will see an improvement in service. (Nb: I did have to request a delay in the switchover this weekend, as the new handsets which Vodafone were meant to send out have yet to arrive.)

To answer your question, the alarm is monitored by Monitor NZ, but was installed by SecureTech and that is who we are working with to get the additional required module.

Regards,

Suzi

Posted from Apple iPad
Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors