Contract Renewal Process

Highlighted
Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

Contract Renewal Process

by Bono16 Starter Poster
Message 1 of 6 (707 Views)

Hi. Recently I have had my billing changed as a result of end of contract term. At the moment I am contacting Vodafone when I get my bill to modify the amount as my plan has not yet been updated from what was discussed with the agent when we agreed my new plan. I am interested to ask if Vodafone are looking to improve the contract renewal process and providing  the customer with a written offer rather than putting customers in the position of having to contact Vodafone to renew and not updating the plans which is causing incorrect billing. Your thoughts please.    

Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Contract Renewal Process

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 2 of 6 (671 Views)

Hi @Bono16 -  unfortunately the sheer scope of doing this every time our plans update or a contract expires is simply not logistically possible. Where possible, especially for very old or poor market value plans, we do indeed try to proactively contact customers and offer them options to update.

Starter Poster

[ Edited ]
by Bono16 Starter Poster
Message 3 of 6 (641 Views)

OK but would have thought a Technology/Telecommunications Company would have a more simplified process of contract renewal. You see the first notifaication I received of my contract being out of term was a bill with all previous discounts removed, and only after 3 different phone calls I was able to get an offer that I was happy with. Unfortuately my first bill on the new plan was higher than that which was agreed with the agent I taked with and I understand my plan has not been updated on your system which may now result in further incorrect billing and further communication from me to get it sorted. I just wonder if it would be more worthwhile to get it right first time than having follow up calls from disadvantaged customers to get things sorted with Vodafone. Just wanted to express my opinion for what it is worth and in the meantime will keep monitoring my bills and get intouch to get things sorted..         

Starter Poster

by Bono16 Starter Poster
Message 4 of 6 (522 Views)

After making a call to the billing team I had a call from Vodafone the next day who informed me my plan has now been updated and I have been invoiced correcttly for this month. This will now be correct going forward. They also informed me that at the next contract renewal date I should now be getting an email to let me know that my contract is expiring. Well done Vodafone and great to get things sorted. 

Community Manager
Community Manager

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 5 of 6 (517 Views)

Thank you for letting us know, I am glad you got a good result. Smiley Happy

Regular Poster

by Regular Poster jshelley Regular Poster
Message 6 of 6 (503 Views)

They could if they really wanted to. But that would mean paying someone to update their billing software. I assume it would not be cheap.

Stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 26w ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 3 Contributors