Confused over usage

Highlighted
Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

Confused over usage

by Scooby Starter Poster
Message 1 of 4 (974 Views)

Im really confused. We have rural broadband which includes internet and home/business phone. My grandson uses quite a bit of data with his playstation and we have a boarder who likes to stream as well which means I need to manage our usage carefully to stay within limits.

Occasionally I will turn off the modem just to reduce the usage. Grandson continues to play his playstation in local mode (that I understand) but he is able to talk to his friends via the microphone/headphones on his play station.

How is this possible if the modem is turned off?

I can disconnect the modem in settings on 192.168.1.1 or by removing the power. When I disconnect via settings the home/business phone service is still available. When I remove the power the phone is not available

Vodafone Ninja

Re: Confused over usage

by Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja
Message 2 of 4 (909 Views)

Hi @Scooby,

Once you turn off the modem, your grandson will not be able to access the internet at all. He will only be able to speak with friends via the playstation is when the playstation is connected to the internet.

Kind regards,
Arif Khan.
Social Media Advisor
Starter Poster

by Scooby Starter Poster
Message 3 of 4 (904 Views)

Hi 

Thanks but it is not the case. I have turned off the modem, unplugged all the cables and he is still able to talk to his friends

Staff

by Staff wsfinest Staff
Message 4 of 4 (1,303 Views)

PM Sent.

But if you unplugg the RBI router's power there is no way it can be via the RBI router

Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors