Clear.net spam levels

Highlighted
Frequent Poster

Re: Clear.net closure

by Frequent Poster anzac1957 Frequent Poster
Message 201 of 209 (269 Views)

Anyone worked out how to change TradeMe to new email address without losing current status. Gosh this is a nightmare. 20 years I have had my Paradise email.

Posted from Android 6.0
Community Manager

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 202 of 209 (266 Views)

@anzac1957

Here you go, info on TradeMe.

Cheers

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Senior Contributor

[ Edited ]
by Senior Contributor capcomnz Senior Contributor
Message 203 of 209 (261 Views)

@anzac1957

Up top it says "My Trade Me"

Click on that then "View My Trade Me"

That opens your Trade Me details and on the right hand side it says "change my email"

Follow the steps

Simple.

Just remember when you go to log back in it might pre-populate the email/password fields automatically.

You will need to change the email to the new one and your browser might also ask you to either save these or update the exisiting ones

Frequent Poster

[ Edited ]
by Frequent Poster anzac1957 Frequent Poster
Message 204 of 209 (227 Views)

Thank you. Didn't see that for looking at the TradeMe site.. not for lack of IT knowledge.. have been using computers since the very early 80s.. beta tester for Windows 95 amongst other releases I have tested.  While I have a Gmail account I hadn't wanted all my email with them due to their data mining model. 

Posted from Android 6.0
Senior Contributor

by Senior Contributor capcomnz Senior Contributor
Message 205 of 209 (221 Views)

@anzac1957

I know what you mean about the data mining etc BUT lets face it....its a fact of life on the intrenet these days.

You either go back to the "good old days" of paper bills etc (and be charged more for them) or just ignore the crap from Google and Microsoft.

I have had Gmail accounts for ages and have never had any problems with ads etc.

AND i will say at least they offer better security (2FA) than vodafone!!

I recently changed my Vodafone email password and got NO notification at all...nothing.

Do what I have done. Set up another gmail or outlook account and use your that for your bills etc. Use it like a secondary account leaving your main one free for legit stuff.

Regular Poster

by Regular Poster rotospotz Regular Poster
Message 206 of 209 (173 Views)

I've just found this https://www.vodafone.co.nz/our-company/ceo-executive-team/ page clicking on their mug shots will enable you to email them.

Contributor

by Contributor Dippy Contributor
Message 207 of 209 (162 Views)

thanks for that but I don't think they care as long as they get their pay and bonus that is what counts. I use to rubbish Spark but I have changed my mine as they had the same problem as Vodafone and were thingking of doing the same thing but didn't instead the fix the problem for their cusomters so Well doe to Spark. I know Vodafone will lose customers over this and I don't think that they care that much about it. I have enjoy my time with them but in November I will be gone as I sign up with them for emails etc not just the internet and phone. Good luck everyone

Regular Poster

by Regular Poster rotospotz Regular Poster
Message 208 of 209 (87 Views)

They have just informed me "

Regarding your question about whether we should be reducing the price of our packages; Vodafone market and sell fixed broadband and mobile connectivity. Email is not part of our core offering. However, we are entitled to withdraw a service if we provide adequate notice to do so, and this is covered in the terms that govern our agreement.

Vodafone have opted to continue to service our email base with auto-forwarding so there is no need for customers to proactively advise their contacts of their new address - they just won't be accessing their email through our older inbox anymore.

In light of the above, we are not moving to reduce monthly charges based on the changes to our email service.

"

It's interesting to note that emails from Vodafone staff are hilited in Thunderbird as Possible Scams!!!!

Regular Poster

by Regular Poster Julie2 Regular Poster
Message 209 of 209 (15 Views)

It does make me smile ...

now I've set everything up my clearnet is not receiving ANY emails .. clean as a whistle ! Not even our favourite Russian girls have got through !!

Posted from Apple iPad
Stats
  • 208 Replies
  • 22w ago
  • 56 Kudos
  • 12 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today