Clear.net spam levels

Community Manager

Re: Clear.net closure

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 181 of 209 (303 Views)

@wise-old-owl

Just so I'm clear, you've set up a new email address in Outlook, are pulling it into Windows Live Mail?

The forwarding won't be live instantly if you're looking for emails coming through.

Or have I missed something?

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Senior Contributor

[ Edited ]
by Senior Contributor capcomnz Senior Contributor
Message 182 of 209 (302 Views)

@wise-old-owl

@MikeHales

Microsoft stopped supporting Windows Live Mail last year (Or about that time)

You will need to use an alternative like Thunderbird or access via the web only.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/askjack/2016/jun/02/microsoft-killing-windows-live-mail-what-...

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Windows-Live-Mail-2012-will-not-connect-to-Outlook-com-4545...

Highlighted
Regular Poster

by Regular Poster rotospotz Regular Poster
Message 183 of 209 (270 Views)

I'd like to know how much less vodafone planon charging, for the reduced service when it arrives.

Contributor

by Contributor Dippy Contributor
Message 184 of 209 (258 Views)

Could be a story for FairGo to follow up on 

Regular Poster

by Regular Poster rotospotz Regular Poster
Message 185 of 209 (253 Views)

fairgo have been informed

Contributor

[ Edited ]
by Contributor Dippy Contributor
Message 186 of 209 (243 Views)

Good and  Spark was having the same trouble as well but they got it shorted for their customers can't understand why Vodafone can't

Fra
Starter Poster

Re: Clear.net spam levels

[ Edited ]
by Fra Starter Poster
Message 187 of 209 (224 Views)

This has been a rolling disaster since the spam started,after all our moderated comments about communication we find out via the media that you are pulling the email service from all of your customers.

Look at all these customers that you used your wealth and power to purchase because they were offering service and products you weren't and look at what you have done to them.

• clear.net.nz
  • es.co.nz
  • ihug.co.nz
  • paradise.net.nz
  • pcconnect.co.nz
  • quik.co.nz
  • vodafone.co.nz
  • vodafone.net.nz
  • wave.co.nz

Too hard for you to fix or too expensive for you to fix ? Such an inspiring story of how to deal with challenges,things weren't working very well so we quit .....ever thought about fixing things and doing it better?

So we should all sign up to Microsoft/Google with all the conditions/data harvesting and risks (plus limited email name options due to those millions of customers) and I love the easy steps the "Ninjas" list to swapping over your accounts such as

• Update your email address with your relevant service providers.

Yes that shouldn't take long to all the sites we have registered over the years since I signed up to Clear ....

I hope that someone has the ability to challenge this decision and make you forward emails to all of us even if (which we obviously all will as you don't care) move to a different provider.We signed up for a service which you are removing with very little notice or warning.

If you are just going to provide the "pipeline" then any sense of loyalty will be gone and people will just chase the cheapest deal and swap as they choose.

I guess your shareholders will be happy at least and I guess that's what counts aye ?

Community Manager

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 188 of 209 (219 Views)
We will forward your emails to whatever service/email address you choose. Apologies, you found out through the media, you will get an email soon expanding and detailing options.
Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Posted from Apple iPhone
Starter Poster

by lostinstash Starter Poster
Message 189 of 209 (202 Views)

I had an issue putting in the wrong email address due to a set up glitch with my new email provider. Is it possible to reset it (the account was set to actually already is for someone else so I don't want them getting my emails). Before I spend the next 3 days trying to change every darn thing that has my email address? (theirs is .com which is what it was setting up as but defaulted to .co.nz without me realising when I changed my country). 

Also I only received information to forward 1 email and I have 3 vodafone emails, will the others be able to be forwarded too?

Fra
Starter Poster

by Fra Starter Poster
Message 190 of 209 (201 Views)

@mike hales

But if we leave Vodafone and go to another provider (due to you failing to deliver what was promised) then you should still forward our email for a reasonable period of time correct ?

Stats
  • 208 Replies
  • 22w ago
  • 56 Kudos
  • 12 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today