Clear.net spam levels

Community Manager

Re: Clear.net spam levels

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 171 of 210 (473 Views)

@capcomnz

Apologies for not responding previously. There was a technical, non-spam, related issue this week, which has been fixed. Re the spam, the new filters are in place and to help us I would again, ask folks to report spam using the instructions in this FAQ.

It is an issue we take seriously and I'm sorry if folks feel that we've not communicated enough on this one. I certainly keep across the internal activity and the posts etc raised and rather than repeat "we're working on it", which can come across as trite and insincere, I have focused on the bigger steps - new filters in place and so on.

I will redouble my efforts to respond to all as best and as frequently as I can.

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Senior Contributor

by Senior Contributor capcomnz Senior Contributor
Message 172 of 210 (461 Views)
Starter Poster

by JulieS Starter Poster
Message 173 of 210 (446 Views)

Mike Hales, your response is completely irrelevant in light of the fact that Vodafone have announced that they are going to do what we've suspected all along - close clearnet email and their other email accounts. There is no solution in the pipeline, no need for customers to be patient, as Vodafone is axing this service in November, according to Stuff. Additionally, the advice provided by Vodafone for its customers to prevent spam, places the blame on its customers' unsafe practices, rather than on its own inadequacies. Moreover, the spam reporting ignores the contemporary practice of not downloading email to a single device, rather users now need to access their email across multiple devices and multiple platforms - that is, we use webmail. Webmail users cannot report spam through the channels that Vodafone currently has in place.

Frequent Poster

by Frequent Poster Stevie Frequent Poster
Message 174 of 210 (435 Views)

I am most disappointed in seeing Mike's post, only to now see the stuff.co.nz article, as I got the impression this morning something serious was being done to reduce the current spam levels.

Now that has been clarified, when are we receiving emails to set up email forwarding? I know vodafone.co.nz email accounts have been given the instructions to do that.

Frequent Poster

by Frequent Poster anzac1957 Frequent Poster
Message 175 of 210 (406 Views)

@MikeHales

Looks like your own company has kept you in the dark as they have their customers..

Treated like mushrooms, kept in the dark and fed on but****it.

Stuff article today http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/industries/96631562/Vodafone-to-ditch-email-after-failing-to-beat-te... shows that out emails will be closed from 30 November.

I certainly hope they are better at communicating how we get our emails forwarded.

I have friends overseas whose only contact point with me is my email address.

Thanks Vodafone. I never asked you to become my provider. Started with Paradise and the big overseas companies have gobbled up the small companies without regard to the customers. So much for the 'benefits' of globalisation.

Posted from Android 6.0
Community Manager

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 176 of 210 (384 Views)

@anzac1957

You'll get a personal email with details on how to set up forwarding and, of course, feel free to ask questions of me as needed.

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Senior Contributor

by Senior Contributor capcomnz Senior Contributor
Message 177 of 210 (376 Views)

So I guess the phone service will be switched off at some point as well, considering the amount of spammer calls from "cough" windows "cough" and other a-holes !!

And Vodafone looking at listing  -  Ha!

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11919417

Starter Poster

Re: Clear.net closure

by wise-old-owl Starter Poster
Message 178 of 210 (372 Views)

Hi Mike

Have followed the email and set up a new email in outlook but my Windows Live Mail doesnt seem to be able to sync/connect to it.

I get a message which reads:

Unable to send or receive messages for the Outlook (fairhomenz) account.

Server Error: 404
Server: 'https://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/Sync.aspx'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80194194

That Server line correct?

Do I need to contact Vodafone to allow me access to Outlook?

Highlighted
Frequent Poster

by Frequent Poster anzac1957 Frequent Poster
Message 179 of 210 (367 Views)

That would be nice to actually get an email. Instructions are online but no email has been received.

Posted from Android 6.0
Frequent Poster

by Frequent Poster Stevie Frequent Poster
Message 180 of 210 (349 Views)

I received the email a few hours ago. Your one should arrive at some point, there are a number to be sent out

Stats
  • 209 Replies
  • 30w ago
  • 58 Kudos
  • 12 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today