No no.....Vodafone don't respond!

so it's just

knock knock.......

Posted from Apple iPad
Starter Poster

Re: Clear.net spam levels

by fredA Starter Poster
Message 162 of 208 (378 Views)

I also received a lot of email that was sent last Thursday today, Monday.  That's a pretty serious problem that needs fixing.

Are you saying, Bill47, that all that spam is going straight into your inbox?  Not a spam folder?  I very rarely have legit emails going into the spam folder, and never personal email as opposed to mail from (ok) advertisers or news sites.  It's over to you if you want to keep checking your spam folders, but they are unlikely to decrease in numbers.  My experience over many years is that I don't need to do it.

Fred

Starter Poster

by JulieS Starter Poster
Message 163 of 208 (363 Views)

Spam, spam, spam...not so glorious spam!

Most email in my inbox  over the past week has been spam. Plus pages and pages of spam in my spam folder that I regularly delete throughout the day. This only happens on Clearnet. Just out of curiousity I do check my 6 other email accounts' spam folders from time to time - and  most had nothing in their spam folders, no spam in inbox. My university webmail had one in junkmail. So, this would suggest that Clearnet is not working as a normal email account should be working. Spam folders do not need to contain pages and pages of spam. They can be blocked before reaching individual accounts - if this were not possible, then all my other email accounts would also have continuous pages and pages of spam as well. They do not.

I do regularly delete spam from my spam folder throughout the day because there is so much of it, and not much storage in a clearnet webmail account. Particularly if there happens to be legitimate email trying to get through as well. I have moved the majority of my clearnet account to other email providers, as I have given up trying to use this as an actual email account. It is a spam catcher, and I suspect that the days of clearnet are numbered.

New Poster

[ Edited ]
by Moviemath New Poster
Message 164 of 208 (296 Views)

Vodafone/Clearnet webmail needs some serious updating, slow and clunky sometimes dropping out, sometimes not loading at all after login.  And now the huge spam explosion that's been going on for months. Sick of being told my email box has reached its limit 'cos it's overloaded with spam.  Not everyone uses Outlook, especially if your computer malfunctions and requires reformatting.  Bye bye emails. Clearnet webmail is like watching an old vintage car fall apart on its way to get a WOF. I don't need spam coming to my email address, whether its directed to the spam folder or not.  That brightspark technology or whatever it's called is ancient by today's standards.  Get with the plan Vodafone, otherwise kiss your customers goodbye.

Regular Contributor

by Regular Contributor capcomnz Regular Contributor
Message 165 of 208 (289 Views)

@Moviemath

They have lost customers !

I've moved all my accounts over toother email systems and will not use Clearsh*t again !

What annoys me is the "silence" from them over this.

Like I said in an earlier post. "They have buried their heads in the sand"

I sent a private message to @MikeHales on the 22 Aug asking for any update on the spam issue..........nothing since.

So much for a communication service.

Funny enough I was in Auckland last week and serious throught about knocking on their door asking questions.

Fra
Starter Poster

by Fra Starter Poster
Message 166 of 208 (139 Views)

So does the fact that the last post here was on the 24th of August mean that we are all as broken as Vodafones spam filter ?

So sad that we have all been worn down,no true communication,no effort to explain and no compensation ...... I think the push should be for email portability and then we can keep a legacy address and move to someone who at least pretends to care. ...

Highlighted
Starter Poster

by JulieS Starter Poster
Message 167 of 208 (132 Views)

It could be that everyone's had enough and have ditched Vodafone in favour of another ISP.

The filters are still not working well - obvious spam is getting through to my inbox everyday. My spam folder is the stuff of legend. My clearnet account is now a spam collector. Occasional real mail gets through. I've got gmail accounts which are portable, in that they aren't attached to an ISP, so you can change your ISPs when you need to, and not have to go through the arduous task of tracking down all your contacts and notifying them of your new address. I hope that there is a resolution of this matter fairly soon. Although, I am not that bothered now as almost all my contacts now use my other email accounts. As I said, it's just a spam collector now...

Regular Contributor

by Regular Contributor capcomnz Regular Contributor
Message 168 of 208 (124 Views)

@JulieS@Fra

Yep...DITCHED this service.

ASk @MikeHales some time ago for an update...STILL no answer.

Looks like Vodafone given up as well !!

People I've spoken to just dont care anymore with Vodafone and their "service"

Regular Poster

by Regular Poster Julie2 Regular Poster
Message 169 of 208 (120 Views)

Yes me too... had enough. Vodafone have achieved what they wanted. We're all going else where ..

what makes me smile is this forum is pretty much a joke as well .. most of us tried to be reasonable and simply wanted communication.

the silence is deafening ...

cheers 

Posted from Apple iPad
Frequent Poster

by Frequent Poster Stevie Frequent Poster
Message 170 of 208 (115 Views)

It is only a matter of time before the clear.net.nz email server is shut down.

For now, it is only the vodafone.net.nz server - see here: https://www.vodafone.co.nz/email/

Stats
  • 207 Replies
  • 22w ago
  • 56 Kudos
  • 12 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today