Clear.net spam levels

Regular Poster

Re: Clear.net spam levels

by Regular Poster Julie2 Regular Poster
Message 151 of 209 (397 Views)

Of course .. it's really simple just to switch provider to gmail or hotmail, and update everyone who currently holds your email addy as clearnet .... NOT.      If it was that dam simple I would simply be ditching Vodafone altogether and switching..

it is obvious it is not being given a priority and I feel those of us at clear and paradise just need to accept that they don't want them anymore and start the change process... very dissapointing. My question still remains. If this was happening on the main Vodafone server how quickly would it be fixed ?

Posted from Apple iPad
Frequent Poster

by Frequent Poster anzac1957 Frequent Poster
Message 152 of 209 (394 Views)

Pages of spam in the webmail spam folder for paradise again today.. that doesn't even include all the extras getting through their so called filters..

Global company who don't care about the customers that pay their way..

Posted from Android 6.0
Starter Poster

by MikeHarvey47 Starter Poster
Message 153 of 209 (384 Views)

I must say I am seeing an improvement in the filter classification on clear/paradise in last few days. Only one spam came thru the filters in the last 3 days but still around 150 spams a day coming into my spam box.  I hope its a sign that Vodafone will be able to get spam management sorted.

Highlighted
Starter Poster

by fredA Starter Poster
Message 154 of 209 (382 Views)

If the spam is in the webmail spam folder, that isn't a problem is it?  That's where it's supposed to go.  It's spam in your actual inbox that's the issue.  I get a couple through to my inbox each day, and another 5 to 10 that get weeded out by my security programme (ESET Smart Security) locally on my PC.  I can live with those numbers.  It's the apparent problem that some people are having with late delivery of legitimate emails that is a serious issue, at least in my view.

Fred

Frequent Poster

Message 155 of 209 (354 Views)

That isn't the only issue.. you have to look through the pages of spam in the webmail folder to make sure legitimate emails haven't been incorrectly classified

Posted from Android 6.0
Regular Poster

by Regular Poster rotospotz Regular Poster
Message 156 of 209 (349 Views)

agreed. BUT to be able to do that you have to have a SPAM folder. When I created a new cleat.net email address a week ago, things worked properly for a few days, then BROKE. Over the weekend I was told that my missing trademe email were "properly" redirected to my spam folder. Yet even using webmail, this spam folder is invisible, if it actually exists.

Frequent Poster

Message 157 of 209 (238 Views)

Spam still getting through and also 7 pages of spam in webmail folder so their has been a huge increase.  Almost like a form of denial of service attack. Vodafone, how about some real action here.

Posted from Android 6.0
Senior Contributor

by Senior Contributor capcomnz Senior Contributor
Message 158 of 209 (223 Views)

@anzac1957

of course the spams still getting theough. Did you really think Vodafone was going to fix this.

They spout of about "new" filters etc but its all bulls**t. OUT AND OUT BULLSH**T

They will never fix this.

And the spam that is in the webmail spam foilder is suppoose to be their. It wont be deleted. THATS were it goes. Does not matter if you have a Gmail. Outlook or Hotmail, Spark, 2degrees, or anyother ISP email account.

ANY spam that is picked up will always got to a spam/junk folder.

Of course they will not tell anyone anything as THEY DO KNOW THEMSELVES

Like headless chooks running around

Frequent Poster

Message 159 of 209 (217 Views)

Knock knock..

Who's there?

Vodafone.

Vodafone who?

Posted from Android 6.0
Starter Poster

by Bill47 Starter Poster
Message 160 of 209 (206 Views)

The spam is getting worse, not better. Over the weekend I was clearing 3 pages of spam every 6 hours. I didn't receive much legitimate email all weekend, but this morning I opened my email and there was all the missing emails dated 19th and 20th. I went into web mail and had 4 pages of spam. All we get from Vodafone is lip service and no action. Great way to keep your customers, NOT.

Stats
  • 208 Replies
  • 22w ago
  • 56 Kudos
  • 12 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today